LED TV Fault - Replace or Repair?

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

A weeny bit late for me to check whether we had bad caps or not, the TV was loaded into the back of my car with other stuff destined for the tip and a load of stuff destined for a charity shop. 

I did learn something though, I told the helpful young chap who helped me unload the stuff at the charity shop that the TV was faulty so I was taking it to the tip and he told me they can get a few pence for recycling electrical goods so, he was happy to take it if I didn't mind. In future I will take my faulty electrical stuff to a charity sho and let them earn a bit on t the same way I send my rags to them 

3 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

A weeny bit late for me to check whether we had bad caps or not, the TV was loaded into the back of my car with other stuff destined for the tip and a load of stuff destined for a charity shop. 

I did learn something though, I told the helpful young chap who helped me unload the stuff at the charity shop that the TV was faulty so I was taking it to the tip and he told me they can get a few pence for recycling electrical goods so, he was happy to take it if I didn't mind. In future I will take my faulty electrical stuff to a charity sho and let them earn a bit on t the same way I send my rags to them 

Not all charity shops will accept electrical goods, but good that you have found one that will.

The charity shop I went to does not sell electrical goods and so I was surprised when he said he could take it. I used to volunteer there a number of years ago and so although I can't be certain I suspct that the driver who comes to collect the rags and recyclable books will also take electricals.

The company cover all the charity shops in quite a wide area visitng all in the town on one day a week and taking away their "scrap" books and rags. While this may vary in other regions now I know they have this option available to them I will be fairly sure that others in the area, whether they sell electrical items or not, will also offer it.