Help getting in to the water

the blind novice

Featured Posts

Hi all, im looking for someone to help me get to the water. I don't drive due to a medical condition. Im hoping someone has a vehicle capable of towing my 20ft yogurt pot and trailer. I was thinking of devizes but as the boat is in Bristol. Perhaps putting in at Bristol docks may be more practical. Obviously I will be paying fo this. But as a complete novice I am looking for suggestions. Many thanks. The Blind Novice. Ps . Planning to put in April time. Boat in bs 5.

Edited by the blind novice
Forgot launch date

Hi

If it were me I would look online as there are quite a few small boat moving outfits around. It may not be the cheapest way but also may be less than you think. The big difference will be they will be insured for every eventuality with your boat whereas some private guy like for instance myself may well not be. If you get one very local it will be much cheaper than someone traveling far. That's not to say some member on here may help but if the you know what does hit the fan insurance is King. Also someone local to your boat may well know a good place to put it in that you havnt thought of :cheers:

3 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Try Tony Anderson . AKA Tony Tug Boat.

3 hours ago, the blind novice said:

For a journey of 2 miles? Boat in Bristol. Would he be interested in the job?

As I posted in the other thread, if he is in the area one day with an empty trailer he might well be interested.

Having said that, if you already have the trailer you only need someone with a 4x4, and they seem to grow like weeds round here.  Your best bet is to hit up the local boat / yacht clubs and ask.

Or, you know, take Rachel's advice and ring Tony ... We don't get any kickback from him - we have just used him before and would do so again without any hesitation.

• 2 weeks later...