saniflo repair

Featured Posts

Hello all,my saniflo pump out toilet is not working correctly,when i press the flush button it just fills up with water and does not flush,ive tryed descaling pipes etc i even got a engineer out and all he done was suck water up with a hoover still did not work,rang another saniflo engineer they wanted £150 to come and look at the job then £15 per 15 mins labour after that (rip off) does anybody know some one in the nottingham/midlands area who could come and have a look at it, ps i use cassette toilets aswell but i dont want to rip out the pump out toilet has it was a quite expensive toilet when it was installed on the boat,many thanks.

A saniflo is a stand alone unit that can easily be isolated from the rest of the pipework. Just make sure you isolate it electrically before you put your fingers anywhere near the blades.

If it is more than a plastic bag or similar jamming the blade, you are better off replacing the unit.

how is the flush controlled, ie is it a button on the toilet or a panel? In either case does it have a "evacuate" setting just to empty the bowl? What happens when you do this?

As some have said it could be the macerator has something in it, I found a wet wipe in hours a few weeks ago and that was enough to stop it (nobody had put it in you understand it just appeared by magic).

They also have an air valve, that allows air to escape and be sucked in during the flush cycle. These can get blocked and allow the bowl to fill but then not empty. If you look at the back of the toilet it is probably a small pipe at the top with a little rubber flap on it open to atmosphere. Get something like a cable tie and rod out that little pipe.

For general maintenance, we have found putting white vinegar into the bowl and macerator once a month and allowing to soak for 12 to 24 hours, seems to keep formation of too much scale build up at bay.

• Greenie 1

If it’s filling with water that suggests there is power to it. If it is making no noise that suggests something wrong with the motor or the switch that kicks the motor into life, rather than something jamming it.

they are not hard to strip down helps if you can get as much water out before you start. Also makes it a little less unpleasant if you can rinse some clean water through it before you start ! 

Is it running on AC or DC power? Our domestic 240v AC unit had a failed motor capacitor that prevented the motor starting, it just buzzed feebly. If the blades are mechanically jammed up it buzzes more aggressively until it cuts out thermally. Replacement capacitors from saniflo are extortionate, but equivalents are available (from China !)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,managed to find the problem it was a clear pipe that had come away from the rear of the toilet,i think this is some sort of vacume pipe when its correctly attached it emptys fine when its not attached  or when it comes loose the toilet just fills up with water,many thanks all.

• Happy 1