Wheel house roof design

OllyO

Featured Posts

Is there anyone on here with a non-hydraulic collapsible roof to their wheelhouse?  I'm talking about the Dutch barge type.

Ive all but dissed the design of the windows/ doors but not the roof. Would like it to be insulated, possible made in fibreglass. Don't want canvas

Sny thoughts/ info/ pics would be greatly appreciated!

I made mine from a sandwich of 25mm polystyrene sheet, thin ply on top with a layer of f/glass tissue and the lower surface thin matchboarding, edges of 'mahogany'  on a light wood frame and in two halves. It is too heavy and a sod to lift on and off but it is still servicable after 10 years. This winters project is to make another roof and I am thinking of triple walled polycarbonate - like conservatory roof stuff - bent over a light wood frame, the camber is about 3 inches over 7 feet so quite gentle. Thinking of painting it white inside and out but its all just thoughts at the moment. Good luck.

• Greenie 1

Not what you want but mine is insulated canvas, the internal roof frame is in two halves it has a white plastic layer inside [like old car head linings] It then has a layer of insulation with the canvas cover on top. I waterproof it twice a year its now 7 years old. Looks good and easy to remove

4 hours ago, OllyO said:

Is there anyone on here with a non-hydraulic collapsible roof to their wheelhouse?  I'm talking about the Dutch barge type.

Ive all but dissed the design of the windows/ doors but not the roof. Would like it to be insulated, possible made in fibreglass. Don't want canvas

Sny thoughts/ info/ pics would be greatly appreciated!

Might be worth looking at the Dawncraft idea .. A solid fibreglass roof that cantilevers on 4 posts onto the cabin roof when not in use with a folding aluminium framed screen and canvas sides and back.

Rick

• Greenie 1