Ultramax Lithium batteries

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Do you know how much they are? I have the number already, and I know a chap that works there because of an EV forum I am on, I was going to email him tonight

Don't know UK list price, but would guess at £200-£300 ish, plus VAT

You still have a bargain with what you paid for the U27-12XP's though, and I think they are going to be excellent for your bathtub.

1 minute ago, TheBiscuits said:

Don't know UK list price, but would guess at £200-£300 ish, plus VAT

You still have a bargain with what you paid for the U27-12XP's though, and I think they are going to be excellent for your bathtub.

Less than one battery not worth not having one is it really?

15 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Less than one battery not worth not having one is it really?

You need one with the Ucharge XP series. It is not an optional bit of kit, which is why the people selling slightly used batteries are struggling a bit.

1 x 138 Ah battery @ £350 isn't bad at all for these, but even if you only have one battery, you also need the £300 BMS as well.

At least with 8 you can divide the cost of it between a few batteries, so call it £400 per battery and it doesn't hurt as much as 1 battery at £650!

Edited by TheBiscuits

2 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

You need one with the Ucharge XP series. It is not an optional bit of kit, which is why the people selling slightly used batteries are struggling a bit.

1 x 138 Ah battery @ £350 isn't bad at all for these, but even if you only have one battery, you also need the £300 BMS as well.

At least with 8 you can divide the cost of it between a few batteries, so call it £400 per battery and it doesn't hurt as much as 1 battery at £650!

They all have a BMS this is a separate BMS that controls the BMSs  but you can do as Jim does charge at lower voltage and plug in to the computer every couple of months  to balance them Jim showed me on one of mine, but for me its U BMS programed for the job.............I think :rolleyes: I have all the bumf including wiring diagrams and I think I might have a U BMS as well secondhand but programed for the job fingers crossed

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Until such time as a fault causes the voltage to rise and then...

Kaboom!

Well, actually not as these are LiFePO4 batteries, but you might as well burn ten pound notes in a steam engine at that point.

I'm fairly sure that peterboat won't be the test case boater we were discussing earlier, as a) he isn't in London and more importantly b) he already runs a traction bank and isn't stupid.

Edited by TheBiscuits

54 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Until such time as a fault causes the voltage to rise and then...

51 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Kaboom!

Well, actually not as these are LiFePO4 batteries, but you might as well burn ten pound notes in a steam engine at that point.

I'm fairly sure that peterboat won't be the test case boater we were discussing earlier, as a) he isn't in London and more importantly B) he already runs a traction bank and isn't stupid.

You are right I will be fitting the U BMS and the the contactors etc to make sure that no cooked batteries happen. Jim is among good friends plenty of other users on a Valence user forum do the same as him with good results, Its all down to the proper charging regime and constant monitoring, and whilst  thats ok for him and others, I will invest in the proper kit, that and I do go on holidays without the boat and thats when it would go wrong!!

15 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Be prepared for a shock (pun intended) when you get a price for it!

Valence UK can be contacted at 028 9084 5400

Unit 63 Mallusk Enterprise Park
Mallusk Drive,
Mallusk, Newtownabbey
Co. Antrim,
Northern Ireland BT36 4GN

The unit is $178 so not as bad as we thought Valence uk are just arses to be honest and wernt helpful at all I am getting better help from USA solar suppliers than Valence and the prices are better as well does make you wonder doesnt it

13 minutes ago, peterboat said:

The unit is $178 so not as bad as we thought Valence uk are just arses to be honest and wernt helpful at all I am getting better help from USA solar suppliers than Valence and the prices are better as well does make you wonder doesnt it

That's going to be about £200 by the time you have got one shipped from the USA and paid the duty & VAT on it, so the low end of my price range guess.

Note that if you are getting that price from solar bay they don't have any in stock.

They also list the U27-12XP at just under $2000 but don't have any of those either!

3 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

That's going to be about £200 by the time you have got one shipped from the USA and paid the duty & VAT on it, so the low end of my price range guess.

Note that if you are getting that price from solar bay they don't have any in stock.

They also list the U27-12XP at just under $2000 but don't have any of those either!

No I found two other sites that can help but the same price I am getting quotes for x 3 of these but different configurations. Its a right pain Valence UK just wouldnt help and were annoyed that USA had said they would!!

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Heinz tomato sloop is my flavourite!

It was the John B Goodenough bit that was the "joke". Not the sloop bit.Jeeez wasted on you lot.:)(throws himself off the Banister in dispair)

Edited by rusty69

28 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Forget Li-ion, how about Proton batteries in a few years

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180307153947.htm

Forget batteries - use proton beams for powering the engine :

The Proton Particle Stabilizer universal console interfaces with many key ship systems granting a boost to both weapon and engine power as well as a large increase to your ship Electro-Plasma System Flow. In addition, this consoles provides a modest boost to Proton Damage.

This console can be slotted into any engineering, tactical or science console slot.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Forget batteries - use proton beams for powering the engine :

The Proton Particle Stabilizer universal console interfaces with many key ship systems granting a boost to both weapon and engine power as well as a large increase to your ship Electro-Plasma System Flow. In addition, this consoles provides a modest boost to Proton Damage.

This console can be slotted into any engineering, tactical or science console slot.

Did you get that from a Star Trek website though Alan?

15 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Rumbled.

But a ship is a ship, just floating thru a different medium.

Trouble is, that's back to using Lithium again............

Dai-lithium, mined in Wales don't ya know 

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Forget Li-ion, how about Proton batteries in a few years

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180307153947.htm

Hydrogen fuel cells are a great way to produce power....until you have to find the hydrogen. This battery seems to be able to generate the hydrogen from water......if it can do that then dai-lithium will be a thing of the past. Way to go!!!! It could power my plasma toilet!