New windows

Featured Posts

Looking at new windows, I like the standard hopper design, but also like the idea of the full bottom opening such as the one shown. However, I can only find them with an arched top. Does anyone know if they are available with a straight top as opposed to the arched one shown here?

I've looked at Wesley Marine, Caldwells, Seaglaze and Houdini and can't find what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Kevin

DG-Bottom-Hopper.jpg

1 hour ago, Kev's Halcyon said:

Looking at new windows, I like the standard hopper design, but also like the idea of the full bottom opening such as the one shown. However, I can only find them with an arched top. Does anyone know if they are available with a straight top as opposed to the arched one shown here?

I've looked at Wesley Marine, Caldwells, Seaglaze and Houdini and can't find what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Kevin

DG-Bottom-Hopper.jpg

I’ve just got some Houdini windows and would recommend - they are custom made so should be able to accommodate any shape you require.

They are from Channel Glaze

http://www.channelglaze.com/windows/double-glazed/bottom-hoppers/

Hope they have what you want

Kevin

5 minutes ago, Sammas09 said:

Sorry can't help but have you got a link for those in your post? I need some windows for a project and I'm liking the look of those arched ones... Thanks

2 minutes ago, Robbo said:

I’ve just got some Houdini windows and would recommend - they are custom made so should be able to accommodate any shape you require.

Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Kevin

• Greenie 1

11 hours ago, Kev's Halcyon said:

Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Sit down on the price :)   - Well made tho!   

I went for some double glazed full hopper arched windows with the lite clamp frame to match my apertures.   They will recommend the clamp type fittings for steel boats, my windows are quite small so went for the lite clamp as the frame is smaller and matches my porthole frames.

Mine are channel glaze. The entire glazed bit lifts out the frame in seconds to make the same as a side door, all the windows do it or drop open as a hopper. Very expensive but well made though being double glazed makes them heavy ish to remove.

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Mine are channel glaze. The entire glazed bit lifts out the frame in seconds to make the same as a side door, all the windows do it or drop open as a hopper. Very expensive but well made though being double glazed makes them heavy ish to remove.

That's how mine is done as well.

Thanks for replies, I think it's going to be the full lift out that I get. Just rang Channel Glaze and they can't make and deliver 'till May at the earliest, so looks like Caldwells will get the order.

Kevin