bbq

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, dreadnought said:

hi all,i need a new bbq for the upcomming season and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good solid one for me, many thanks

Are you meaning a PROPER barby with charcoal or an outside gas cooker that pretends to be a barby?

What do you intend to cook on it and is it for on the boat where storage is a consideration...?

I use a Weber 57cm kettle at home with the optional rotisserie unit plus I have various other cooking options that are interchangeable in the grate. I am considering getting a second one as sometimes just the one BBQ is a bit limiting.

On the boat I have a small Weber smokey joe which is good for cooking just for two.

For a quick and simple BBQ we use one of these - easy to store, clean and is quick to come up to temperature - still uses charcoal but you don't get the flare up's etc as the charcoal is in a central container.

https://www.cuckooland.com/brand/lotus-grill/lotus-grill-bbq-in-orange-with-free-fire-lighter-gel-and-charcoal?gclid=Cj0KCQiAp8fSBRCUARIsABPL6Jaa0Fp4oM5JHMRXBi2G72qYQxOZvd4XLggidrJT_CSwSyWrPSnVBk8aAlQwEALw_wcB

5 hours ago, Rob-M said:

What do you intend to cook on it and is it for on the boat where storage is a consideration...?

I use a Weber 57cm kettle at home with the optional rotisserie unit plus I have various other cooking options that are interchangeable in the grate. I am considering getting a second one as sometimes just the one BBQ is a bit limiting.

On the boat I have a small Weber smokey joe which is good for cooking just for two.

we will be using it to cook simple food for mainly the two of us like burgers ,steak, sausages , and the like,going to be kept on  the nb,

2 hours ago, dreadnought said:

proper job, no gas cheers

We usualy buy a cheapo 3 legged thing from tesco or asda for about fifteen quid. Does loads of barbys all summer and simply skip it in winter then buy new in march. Got a portable webber for free last year so will use that this summer then skip it. For years there were some brill fold up ones with fold up legs underneath but havnt seen them for about five years :(

9 hours ago, dreadnought said:

hi all,i need a new bbq for the upcomming season and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good solid one for me, many thanks

We have one of these.

https://www.jtf.com/landmann-portago-bbq-grill-red.html

Bought it as a temp. measure three years ago and still going well. Have used it all over including the UK, Italy and France and like it that much i've kept it.

I've used webers before and although well made the portable ones are non height adjustable.

The grill is height adjustable, something not always you get on a portable bbq. A normal sized party type bbq can be dropped in it if you can't get loose charcoal, I drop a disposable roasting tin in it which fits perfectly and fill that with charcoal. Cost me about a tenner and when it needs replacing I will be getting another.

Easily dismantled for storage.

We have one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quest-97300-Folding-BBQ/dp/B00B72AV90

Quick and easy to use, ideal size for two people and folds down to next to nothing for easy storage, especially important on our smaller boat. We use a bag of the instant lighting charcoal on it.

We usually get a few years out of one and then when it starts to look a bit scabby chuck it in the recycling and get another one.