Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
jenevers

AOL spam

Featured Posts

Over the last few months I’ve been getting lots of junk mail. It’s getting worse and worse to the point that I need to get rid of my AOL email address so the spam stops. But I need to keep lots my of old emails, which I’ve saved over the years.

Any computer whiz kids out there that can tell me if this is possible and if so, how?

2 hours ago, jenevers said:

Over the last few months I’ve been getting lots of junk mail. It’s getting worse and worse to the point that I need to get rid of my AOL email address so the spam stops. But I need to keep lots my of old emails, which I’ve saved over the years.

Any computer whiz kids out there that can tell me if this is possible and if so, how?

I don' know. I would just forward them to a new email address.

Setup a new Gmail account and you can then import all the old messages from the aol account. Google gives several hits on how to do this.

34 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Setup a new Gmail account and you can then import all the old messages from the aol account. Google gives several hits on how to do this.

The point David omitted is Gmail is SO clever and accurate at intercepting spam but passing through emails you actually want to see, you'd think someone was opening them all and reading and filtering them for you....

Come to think about it, I bet it's that bloody Siri again....

• Greenie 1

Gmail is also very good a scraping information out of your emails, but then as it is free to use that is how you pay for it!

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

30 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Gmail is also very good a scraping information out of your emails, but then as it is free to use that is how you pay for it!

Sounds good. Opened  a Gmail account. Give us a clue, please, on where I can find the info on how to import the AOL messages.

Edited by jenevers

Just now, David Mack said:

Can't do links on this phone. Just google "Gmail import mail from AOL" and you will get several sites telling you how.

Cheers.

Will do.

1 hour ago, jenevers said:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-import-aol-messages-and-contacts-into-gmail-1172007

Looks easy.......

1st problem......instructions say “Copy all messages you want to import...” 

err ...how on an iPad? I’ve no idea.

The instructions are meant for PC I guess.  I assume you are using the gmail app on iOS, deals that have the import available, and where does it import from.

4 hours ago, john6767 said:

deals that have the import available, and where does it import from.

Yes iOS. I don’t understand the last part of your message ( above)

24 minutes ago, jenevers said:

Yes iOS. I don’t understand the last part of your message ( above)

Sorry predictive text!  I meant if it has an import, where does it say that you can import from

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Do it on a PC then!

You can be really irritating and unhelpful at times Mike.

5 hours ago, john6767 said:

The instructions are meant for PC I guess.  I assume you are using the gmail app on iOS, deals that have the import available, and where does it import from.

I read that link as saying this-

(I haven't used the Apple email on an iPad for ages) but basically you need to create a new folder called 'aol mail'.

Drag all the emails you want to preserve to that folder. That should create a new corresponding folder on your Aol account.

When you import your emails into Google mail enter your Aol account details and use this folder.

Edited by MJG