Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

Just now, Dr Bob said:

It has to be flat....otherwise all the water would drain out of the canal here.

The sea bottom might be dish shaped, though!

30 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

It has to be flat....otherwise all the water would drain out of the canal here.

I agree. If the earth was round all the water would run down to the South Pole and drip off, and be lost forever. 

Stands to reason dunnit.

• Happy 1

How do you know that the oblate spheroid Earth isn't actually upside-down?

But in either case, the water wouldn't drip off at the pole because it would be frozen long before it got there! 

1 minute ago, Machpoint005 said:

How do you know that the oblate spheroid Earth isn't actually upside-down?

But in either case, the water wouldn't drip off at the pole because it would be frozen long before it got there! 

Oh dear, that's a good point. The water will form icebergs which will fall off the bottom, mortally endangering the turtle. 

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Given the Earth is flat, there must be a risk of falling off the edge. So there must be a fence.

Where is it and who put it up?

If the Earth is flat and if the gravitational mass was at the centre then as you walked towards the edge, gravity would pull you increasingly from the side and it would feel like a flat hillside which gets steeper and steeper, buildings would be built at an angle from the 'vertical'. As you got near the edge it would eventually feel vertical with buildings on their side until you cambered over the 'edge 'and onto the real edge which would then feel normal with gravity pulling you down onto solid ground.

Looking back over the' edge' towards the centre would be like looking down an arrow straight cliff face except there would be no bottom instead you could see straight 'across' to the far 'edge'. Buildings would progressively angle away from you, nearest ones with their roof facing you until at the centre they would be side on. 

Think about it. 

Edited by nb Innisfree

Then we have this thing called centripital or centrifugal force, which has virtually no effect against against gravity, one of the most abundant but weakest forces in the univers. Anything at the equator, despite travelling at a thousand mph, is hardly affected with gravity totally overpowering it. 

But if the earth is flat, there may be no gravity. We jump off a boat and land on the ground because we are heavier than air. Water flows to the lowest point because it is heavier than air. Dont need gravity to explain why we are 'fixed' to the ground. Nah, it's all stacking up, the earth is flat.

The Coriolis effect is probably caused by all the eco fans (other fans are available)

If the earth is flat,then why is every other celestial body we can see,spherical.

3 minutes ago, Rickent said:

If the earth is flat,then why is every other celestial body we can see,spherical.

The moon isn't always spherical. The turtle takes bites out of it sometimes and makes a crescent. 

29 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The moon isn't always spherical. The turtle takes bites out of it sometimes and makes a crescent. 

They all look flat to me.

1 hour ago, Rickent said:

It all seems sceptical to me. 

21 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

What do you mean, all of them? There is only one celestial turtle, obviously.

There are four (for each phase of the moon):

Leonardo

Donatello

Michelangelo

Raphael

Together, they are..............................The teenage moontant ninja turtles.Heroes in a half-moon.

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Given the Earth is flat, there must be a risk of falling off the edge. So there must be a fence.

Where is it and who put it up?

Marple aqueduct, put up by CRT!

George

On 10/01/2018 at 13:42, Irob said:

I  just experimented on the spinning flat earth theory using a plastic plate spinning on a chopstick.   9 out of 10 tries it wobbled uncontrollably.  On the 10th attempt my meat n two veg went ballistic.  As did the wife !

I,d say that a spinning disc Earth could not create enough gravity to stop me hurtling against the kitchen wall and joining my lunch.   That settles it for me.  Flat Earthers are messy eaters.

RESULT !