Diesel heating 5kw new for £163

bigcol

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes I think they would find it highly amusing if having rejected their first item as a fake, you went on to buy ten more of them lol. 

You’d need a psewd... seud... psued... false name

What was the original reason for buying it in the first place? Selling it on for a quick profit?

Apart from the word 'planar' in the title, nothing else indicated it was a genuine planar heater.

If the seller wanted to get more hits on Ebay search maybe they could say '(like Planar and Eberspacher)' if Ebay allow it.

28 minutes ago, smileypete said:

If the seller wanted to get more hits on Ebay search maybe they could say '(like Planar and Eberspacher)' if Ebay allow it.

A better phrase to put in the description to grab planar searches would be “not planar”. Hard for eBay to argue with that. 

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

51 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

A better phrase to put in the description to grab planar searches would be “not planar”. Hard for eBay to argue with that. 

Ebay don’t appear to give a toss. They’ve received a few complaints about the multiple ads claiming ‘Planar’ yet they’re still there. 

I guess it requires the UK importer (or RU manufacturer) to make a complaint for them to do anything about it. 

20 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Ebay don’t appear to give a toss. They’ve received a few complaints about the multiple ads claiming ‘Planar’ yet they’re still there. 

I guess it requires the UK importer (or RU manufacturer) to make a complaint for them to do anything about it. 

As I said, its all money for them. Now if they were made jointly responsible for they selling they would act in an instant.

21 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

I do not consider £60 a good offer as you have no idea as to it's safety.  As English is not the seller's first language I would simply email to state -

"the item is counterfeit and I want a full refund.  I will make the item available for collection, or if they send you a returns label free of charge I will return it.  If you (the seller) do not want it back I will scrap it at no charge you (to the seller). 

I was waiting to send the above,but this morning I received this message

New message from: fzeroinestore Top Rated Seller(1,056,967)

OK,we will refund 100GBP to you,but you opened a case for us and eBay can't let us to refund that,could you please help us to close the case first ? When you close it please send a message to us and we will refund to you immediatley,is that OK?

not that happy about having to close the case first tho?

10 minutes ago, bigcol said:

I was waiting to send the above,but this morning I received this message

New message from: fzeroinestore Top Rated Seller(1,056,967)

OK,we will refund 100GBP to you,but you opened a case for us and eBay can't let us to refund that,could you please help us to close the case first ? When you close it please send a message to us and we will refund to you immediatley,is that OK?

not that happy about having to close the case first tho?

Have they made the offer via the ebay 'complaint' system, or, directly to yourself via ebay messages ?

If it is via ebays complaint / case system then they should be able to make you an offer, which ebay will ask you if you accept, which if you do, the refund is made and ebay close the complaint.

If it is just an offer via the ebay / email messaging system then ebay are not involved and once you close the case then you cannot open it again or involve ebay in settlement should anything else go wrong.

The seller has over 1 million feed backs with 98.6% positive I think you would be OK but it is your choice - at the very worst you will still have the heater (cost £163) but no compensation.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

On 10/02/2018 at 09:40, canalboat said:

Do not close the case. Leave it to ebay to decide and take action.

I'm inclined to agree. I smell a rat.

You could respond suggesting they PayPal the £100 to you directly. They only need your email address to do this. Once the £100 arrives, you'll close the case. 

I bet they decline.

2 hours ago, canalboat said:

Do not close the case. Leave it to ebay to decide and take action.

Fully agree with this needs to be resolved via Ebay system may also have implications if paid via Paypal. 

If my memory serves me correctly, which it often doesn't nowadays, You can inform  Ebay and let them know when you have reached a resolution but also let them know that you will not close the case until the money is in your own bank account and you are fully satisfied with the resolution. Also have confirmation from them that the item is now your property and that they have no call on it.

Personally I would of wanted a full refund including any import duties, if any, but thats just me.

Edited by reg

On 09/02/2018 at 10:55, Chewbacka said:

I do not consider £60 a good offer as you have no idea as to it's safety.  As English is not the seller's first language I would simply email to state -

"the item is counterfeit and I want a full refund.  I will make the item available for collection, or if they send you a returns label free of charge I will return it.  If you (the seller) do not want it back I will scrap it at no charge you (to the seller). 

I must admit, I also cannot understand why they don’t go through the eBay case details?

and yes if I close the case, that’s it, I can’t reopen so I am taking notice of you reply’s and will wait.

other wise maybe copy and paste chewbackas post.

thanks again all

Remember I was the one that suggested a £100 part refund, so may be shouldn’t be too pushy 

col

2 hours ago, bigcol said:

I must admit, I also cannot understand why they don’t go through the eBay case details?

Simply if the case is closed by you then as far as Ebay is concerned you have said it is resolved in which case the Seller is in the clear and will not be monitored or censored by Ebay. Meanwhile  you are in a limbo relying on their word being good, if they choose not to pay after you have closed the case then you are up the proverbial.

For the seller they are clear of any ebay sanctions and are not duty bound to keep their word.

For you you have voluntary given up your Ebay purchasers protection which is not a good idea.

All of the benefits of bypassing the Ebay case resolution system go to the seller you meanwhile are giving up your level of protection.

4 hours ago, bigcol said:

I'm sure you can if you think about it properly. 

Once you close the case they will probably just leave you to spin in the wind. Ebay won't re-open your case and you're hardly going to turn up on their doorstep and bang your fist on their desk, are you?

Did you leave them feedback? I may have it wrong but once a dispute has been started, the opportunity to leave negative feedback vanishes never to return. If correct this means their 98.4% feedback only counts people who didn't open a dispute! Hardly a reputable seller. 

On 10/02/2018 at 19:03, bigcol said:

I haven’t left any feedback yet, I have copied and paste their reply and offer on the case details page so I imagine eBay will now see

I think if you try to, you'll find you can't now you've opened a dispute.

Just found there’s 2 groups on face book  Called Chinese heaters 4K members

, and another group Chinese heaters on boat

just enter Chinese heaters !!!

Chinese Diesel vehicle air heaters - Discussion, Help, Parts & Sales.

Chinese Diesel vehicle air heaters - Discussion, Help, Parts & Sales.

3D29C140-C73C-4959-9FA2-10F374089A65.png

Got this this morning

We are arranging to refund to you,please check youPlease close the case when you get the money; Hope you can accept our sincere apology.We will improve our service in the future.
If you have any question,please feel free to contact us.
Best regards

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, bigcol said:

Got this this morning

We are arranging to refund to you,please check youPlease close the case when you get the money; Hope you can accept our sincere apology.We will improve our service in the future.
If you have any question,please feel free to contact us.
Best regards

Result - well done for sticking with it.

On 2/9/2018 at 11:54, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes I think they would find it highly amusing if having rejected their first item as a fake, you went on to buy ten more of them lol.

But the ten more are not fakes as the seller has removed the name of the (non) manufacturer from the advert?