Diesel heating 5kw new for £163

bigcol

Featured Posts

My experience of opening an issue with PayPal is that they’re extremely quick to side with the customer (me) and the onus is put onto the seller to justify why the payment shouldn’t be refunded. He has 14 days to sort it. 

As a separate issue, opening an issue with Ebay on the grounds of “Not as ordered” results in an instant refund in my experience.  

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, WotEver said:

As a separate issue, opening an issue with Ebay on the grounds of “Not as ordered” results in an instant refund in my experience.  

Agreed, I had one example where I actually phoned ebay to discuss my options, the 'service' person refunded my money on an instant refund and told me to hold the line and check it was showing in my Paypal account, as soon as it was - job done. I asked what to do with the 'item' and was told "keep it"

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Agreed, I had one example where I actually phoned ebay to discuss my options, the 'service' person refunded my money on an instant refund and told me to hold the line and check it was showing in my Paypal account, as soon as it was - job done. I asked what to do with the 'item' and was told "keep it"

Similar Had no problem with ebay or paypal refunding a number of times when item was 'not as described', if the seller wants to play games then just wait it out and the issue is resolved within a couple of weeks max, most cases buyer has just said OK and refunded

Edited by reg

As yet nothing received

putting in the tracking number with the carrier DPD 09900839691568 nothing comes up? 

I purchased on the 8th Jan, so hopefully later this month?? They did say end of Feb.

its just the tracking number comes up with nothing.

ive got to be patient

5A0BC6C8-90BA-497E-899A-84320A16AD14.png

Not always a happy ending I bought a 12 volt TV for my campervan it failed within weeks I contacted the seller who on the site was from London to discover he was from Poland!! The service from ebay was shit to say the least still have broken TV and no money! this was a couple of years ago and since then a couple of other dealings have been sorted quickly and with no issue

8 hours ago, peterboat said:

Not always a happy ending I bought a 12 volt TV for my campervan it failed within weeks I contacted the seller who on the site was from London to discover he was from Poland!! The service from ebay was shit to say the least still have broken TV and no money! this was a couple of years ago and since then a couple of other dealings have been sorted quickly and with no issue

My experience of ebay is they are great at refunding your money if the item doesn't arrive, but if it does and either doesn't work or doesn't match the description, they expect you to return it at your own expense. Then prove you returned it, and that it got there. 

So basically if something actually arrives, you're more or less on your own. 

9 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

or doesn't match the description, they expect you to return it at your own expense.

If you search the eBay tocs it specifically states that if the item doesn't match the description then the seller is responsible for the return expenses.

Many sellers will add their own return conditions stating the buyer is responsible for return charges, these seller conditions are invalid for goods that are not as described. 

It may be necessary to point this out to the seller, sometimes more than once. 

Ebay work on the principal that the buyer should not out of pocket for these type of transactions. 

I’m seriosley not worried in the slightest 

if the Planar isn’t a Planar then not as described, and it’s a counterfeit.

if the Planar is a Planar I’ve done everyone a favour and possibly saved forum members a lot of money.

abeit instructions in Chinese.

knowing that I also tried to cancel due to the fact We believed it wasn’t a genuine Planar, and they saying yes, and I be pleased when it arrives.

means that I’m in a win win situation.

i hope

19 hours ago, bigcol said:

As yet nothing received

putting in the tracking number with the carrier DPD 09900839691568 nothing comes up? 

I purchased on the 8th Jan, so hopefully later this month?? They did say end of Feb.

its just the tracking number comes up with nothing.

ive got to be patient

5A0BC6C8-90BA-497E-899A-84320A16AD14.png

If DPD are just the UK carrier it may not track until they get it. I ordered some DVD's from Amazon France and the Parcel force tracking didn't spark into life until they arrived in the UK

2 hours ago, reg said:

If you search the eBay tocs it specifically states that if the item doesn't match the description then the seller is responsible for the return expenses.

Many sellers will add their own return conditions stating the buyer is responsible for return charges, these seller conditions are invalid for goods that are not as described. 

It may be necessary to point this out to the seller, sometimes more than once. 

Ebay work on the principal that the buyer should not out of pocket for these type of transactions. 

As I said, not in my experience about three months ago. I was instructed by eBay to pay myself to return an item not matching description. No mention of the seller paying. 

Possibly there was a mechanism for me to reclaim the cost but if so, it was invisible to me. 

4 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Possibly there was a mechanism for me to reclaim the cost but if so, it was invisible to me. 

If you go to MyEbay—>Purchases and select the item you are presented with a page which offers a list of options...

If you select ‘More Options’ you get this

AC237FA8-D414-4EDA-B847-7A249BF226AD.png.21ddc87659657376d5523cbb0b0c5f14.png

If you select ‘Return the item’ you get this

4C81D5F6-DB95-4B73-AF58-A08973952D89.png.c39afa37b7550cfa70ed6c58facc0d9c.png

Most (all?) of those options result in the seller having to organise and pay for the return. 

Edited by WotEver
Removed personal details

49 minutes ago, WotEver said:

If you go to MyEbay—>Purchases and select the item you are presented with this page

If you select ‘More Options’ you get this

If you select ‘Return the item’ you get this

Most (all?) of those options result in the seller having to organise and pay for the return. 

May I suggest that you delete the ebay page - I'm not sure that he would wish all his personal details to be published.

His DoB is noted in the personal details of the forum so that is pretty much everything now in place for Identity theft

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1

32 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

May I suggest that you delete the ebay page - I'm not sure that he would wish all his personal details to be published.

His DoB is noted in the personal details of the forum so that is pretty much everything now in place for Identity theft

Ta for the heads-up. 1st Page now removed. 

6 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

As I said, not in my experience about three months ago. I was instructed by eBay to pay myself to return an item not matching description. No mention of the seller paying. 

"Sellers pay for return postage if there's a problem with the item. For example, if the item doesn't match the listing description, is damaged or defective or is counterfeit."

https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1552

The above info is tucked away and you have to search for it. Handy to keep that link to quote to the Seller.

Some sellers are either unaware of the above  or are deliberately awkward in complying, keep ebay informed and keep pushing for return postage its a right. Ebay will give them a black mark, or whatever other actions they take, if they continue to be awkward its in the sellers best interest to comply. The guiding principal is that the buyer should not be out of pocket if the above conditions are experienced.

The above info is tucked away and you have to search for it. Handy to keep that link to quote to the Seller.

The default for returns policy states

"If the buyer changes their mind about a purchase and wants to return an item, they may need to pay return postage costs, depending on the seller's return policy. Sellers can provide a return postage address and additional return postage information for the buyer in My eBay."

Sellers returns policy is overridden if "if the item doesn't match the listing description, is damaged or defective or is counterfeit."

Edited by reg

It’s arrived!!!!!!  It’s here 

i made a short video  here tried to post it but data too big

so here on you tube so will be contacting eBay, and if anyone is interested from forum

in buying this i will accept what I paid for it.

Edited by bigcol

29 minutes ago, bigcol said:

It’s arrived!!!!!!  It’s here 

i made a short video  here tried to post it but data too big

so here on you tube so will be contacting eBay, and if anyone is interested from forum

in buying this i will accept what I paid for it.

Is the water tank actually the 'fuel tank' ?

Any sign of an exhaust system or any thru-hull fittings ?

Mike No it’s not a genuine Planar, but we quessed  that didn’t we.

the tank included is for the diesel, but of course you wouldn’t use this if your using your boats fuel tank.

there is a exhaust but no hull fitting but a brass/ chrome hull fitting is under a £5 from any chandlers.

to be fair it’s incredibly value for money. 

To fit on a boat, you would need copper fuel pipe as a posed to the plastic pipe.

you would need a hull fitting, normal outlet fitting

This is a 4/5 kw heater, with more or less everything to install in your boat.

With a heater control unit

14 hours ago, bigcol said:

To fit on a boat, you would need copper fuel pipe as a posed to the plastic pipe.

Are you allowed to use rubber fuel hose? I have rubber hoses that go to my engine and am aware that my Eberspacher shouldn't be using the plastic hose it came with, and it would be easier to switch to rubber than copper (I think).  

You sent a message

We'll send you an email when the seller responds to your request. If you're not able to agree on a solution or the seller has not responded by 09 Feb, 2018, you can ask us to step in and help.If you and your seller need more time to sort things out, your request will stay open until 03 Mar, 2018.

Reply to seller
Close this return

5000W Air Diesel Heater PLANAR 12V LCD Schalter for Car Truck Motor-Homes Boats
5000W Air Diesel Heater PLANAR 12V LCD Schalter for Car Truck Motor-Homes Boats
£171.00

Subtotal
£171.00

Estimated refund
£171.00

Your photos
RtnDownloadFile?fileId=5041941658&s=1&cDate=1517558142000&returnId=5075800624&isThumbnail=true

RtnDownloadFile?fileId=5041941680&s=1&cDate=1517558168000&returnId=5075800624&isThumbnail=true

Save
You can add up to 10 photos to share with your seller. After you save a photo, it can't be removed.

Here's what happened
02 Feb
You sent a message
Hi there The item as not been unpacked, the problem is that you advertised it as a Planar heater, but it is NOT a Planar. If you look at the photo , I did message you stating that I spoke to Planar uk distributor and told that there was no way it could be a Planar, as these are not sold From China, but come from Russia. Knowing this I messaged you to cancel the order. You said it was too late, but I won’t be disappointed, and that it is the same as described leading me to beleive i may be mistaken Now the item has arrived, I’ve opened the parcel up, and found that indeed it iS NOT a Planar, only manual is in Chinese, there nothing on the unit to confirm it is a Planar heater, but a very very good copy. Please could you send me a returns label, I’ve also been told that I will have to pay the import duty on the item, as soon as I get the demand. I’m disappointed that the unit isn’t what the heading said it was. Planar uk heaters Eberspacher, webasto are covered by eu and other safety incredited organisations. I’m sorry Col 

02 Feb
The seller sent you a message
Could you please send the video to us to show the problem? This is our email address:fzeroin@enjoyebgo.com .Please send it with your eBay ID so that we can find it. Regards 

01 Feb
You created a return
Reason for return
Doesn't seem authentic

Comments
I bought this heater because the heading was that it was a Planar heater. It obviously is not!! This is not a Planar heater, to this is counterfeit I’m afraid. I’m disappointed that it’s not a Planar heater, and wouldn’t want to install it on my boat or any vehicle. Col

when I tried to cancel the order, as per photo, they did say it was the same as advertised.
now I’ve received it it’s not a Planar, they don’t seem to understand the complaint.

I’ve messaged them also to suggest they take away the Planar from the title

11 minutes ago, Psycloud said:

Are you allowed to use rubber fuel hose? I have rubber hoses that go to my engine and am aware that my Eberspacher shouldn't be using the plastic hose it came with, and it would be easier to switch to rubber than copper (I think).  

I’ve metioned this in anyone wants to buy it, that you will need a copper pipe to replace the plastic one supplied.when you buy a proper narrowboat kit, you get copper tubing, plus rubber tubing to appease the BSC. 

if of course your fitting to a sea boat, anything will do lol

3 hours ago, bigcol said:

I’ve messaged them also to suggest they take away the Planar from the title

I notice on Fri 2nd Feb 2018 that the original link has now been changed so that it does not refer to PLANAR, well done. Hope you get things sorted out to your satisfaction. 

ETA 

Just checked and found many other sellers using the same ad blurb to sell them as PLANAR heaters, looks like someone is just supplying multiple sellers with template advertisment blurb. Dealing with that is more ebays battle than yours though.

Edited by reg

33 minutes ago, reg said:

Just checked and found many other sellers using the same ad blurb to sell them as PLANAR heaters, looks like someone is just supplying multiple sellers with template advertisment blurb. Dealing with that is more ebays battle than yours though.

Yep, there are dozens of them. Dunno if Ebay will bother taking them down, it’ll be interesting to see.