Diesel heating 5kw new for £163

bigcol

Featured Posts

21 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You realise the next step in this game is you probably getting a call from the import agent asking youth shell out. further £40 in import duty? You'll have to pay it to get the goods.

Are you going pay it or refuse delivery? If you refuse and send it back unseen you can hardly claim it isn't genuine Planar!

If you pay it then you claim your anticipated refund I doubt ebay will repay you the £40 duty, just the £163 purchase price. Just a heads up so you can plan how to field it, should it come to pass.  It might just fly through customs without getting snagged. 

Who pays the return shipping costs to China?

The purchaser is responsible for return postage, possibly an appeal to Paypal may get a refund of the cost,..

On all of the China / HK ebay pages I have visited this seems to be the norm, as our postage charges are much higher than theirs it makes buying cheaper items an assumed throw-away if they arrive faulty.

From the seller's page:

Returns policy

After receiving the item, cancel the purchase within
Return postage
30 days
Buyer pays return postage
Edited by Ratkatcher
added return detail

28 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You realise the next step in this game is you probably getting a call from the import agent asking youth shell out. further £40 in import duty? You'll have to pay it to get the goods.

It is interesting to note the Chines 'protectionism' measures on imports.

The 'same' diesel fire heater if imported into China would have much higher taxation :

Import Duty = 21%

sales Tax = 17%

Parcel Tax = 30%

So the £170 heater would cost £216.59 (landed UK) and £285.60 (landed China)

If of course. The item is not as described, does not work, faulty, damaged, seller pays the postage.

they send a postage label as part of the returns process.

the main problem for them is I’ve tried to cancel, which is my right of course but apparently day after despatch.

all I thought when putting this thread to the forum, is a cheap Planar heater, which would be of interest to everyone.

i didn’t know who Planar was until this. Did anyone?

anyway let’s wait and see, but must be of interest to anyone wanting a heater thinking of other folks 

Chinese 5kw £167  Planar 3kw £450 eberspacher 2kw £700

prices above are approx

col

due to peripheral neuropathy (heavy chemotherapy) falling down like Humpty Dumpty hitting my head,having a severe retina detachment, just before Xmas did have op that seems to be giving me light and shadows sight now

fell again  buggering up my knee spending first 10 days of 2018 in hospital. 

You think I stop meddling, making my life anymore full than it is.

Appts this month,

testesterone 3.7, physio to rid myself of this Zimmer frame, eye clinic, doctors, hospital outpatients re neropothey , ostomy change, dentists, and heater lol Ps had Pyscloud visited yesterday in bed! so far manage not to be using Zimmer in front of piss taking pyscloud

Oh yes where are we? heater !!!!

• Love 1

Hi Col,

Really sorry to here about your recent problems and hope that things are better soon. In the grand order of things the heater issue is minor. Please take this in the spirit is intended but I hate to see you "beating yourself with a big stick" over the heater. You have done all you can about the heater - would it be better to put it on "back burner" (excuse the pun) and wait to see what happens when it arrives.

Vic

• Greenie 1

Hi Col,

If the heater turns out to be a complete faff to return and absolutely no good to you then as I was looking to buy one anyway (should only see about 100hrs use per year) then I would probably be interested in buying yours for somewhere close to what you bought it for, so you shouldn't lose out either way.

Equally I hope that all works out fine and you've got yourself a bargain boat heater.

Harry

10 minutes ago, harrybsmith said:

Hi Col,

If the heater turns out to be a complete faff to return and absolutely no good to you then as I was looking to buy one anyway (should only see about 100hrs use per year) then I would probably be interested in buying yours for somewhere close to what you bought it for, so you shouldn't lose out either way.

Equally I hope that all works out fine and you've got yourself a bargain boat heater.

Harry

Thanks for that Harry, no worries if there is a problem with the make I will let you know.

where about are you, we have a boat like yours opposite at the moment.

all the best

col

32 minutes ago, bigcol said:

Thanks for that Harry, no worries if there is a problem with the make I will let you know.

where about are you, we have a boat like yours opposite at the moment.

all the best

col

Thanks for being a guinea pig!

My boat is now yellow (accidental, one of the perils of buying paint off the internet..) and is in Barrow upon Soar, although there is an almost perfect lookalike to its former self moored at Charity Dock.

13 hours ago, harrybsmith said:

My boat is now yellow (accidental, one of the perils of buying paint off the internet..) and is in Barrow upon Soar, although there is an almost perfect lookalike to its former self moored at Charity Dock.

Ah, that's the boat that didn't sink on the winter moorings!!

15 hours ago, harrybsmith said:

Looks more beige to me.

It sounds like it may be a genuine Planar heater but a grey import. That is, a model that's not available from the manufacturer or its agents in this country but via a third party in a country where it is available. Normally hard to get support for grey imports because local agents aren't set up for those models.

17 minutes ago, aread2 said:

It sounds like it may be a genuine Planar heater but a grey import. That is, a model that's not available from the manufacturer or its agents in this country but via a third party in a country where it is available. Normally hard to get support for grey imports because local agents aren't set up for those models.

There is a group on face book discussing them "Chinese Diesel vehicle air heaters - Discussion and Help" it seems they are "knock offs" and quality may vary depending on supplier but most seem very happy with them. The guy who sells genuine ones is on there too and has given advice so it seems he is not too bothered.

On 13/01/2018 at 11:06, bigcol said:

all I thought when putting this thread to the forum, is a cheap Planar heater, which would be of interest to everyone.

And that you have done. Was not aware Of Planar before this but would now consider the UK item, UK distributor sounds like a genuine person from his ybw postings, haven't seen the Facebook thread having deleted my account because of their silly messaging nags. 

So thanks bigcol for the heads up,hope things pick up for you. 

Well getting non excited, well the parcel is in India now, on its way to sunny Milton Keynes.

what is asking mr wonder is the weight of the parcel

580 gs is 58 kilograms right?

ts a heavy blooming heater isn’t it?  See screen shot

02DD6C1E-0111-427D-B6B3-6FE313CCDB3C.png

1 hour ago, bigcol said:

Well getting non excited, well the parcel is in India now, on its way to sunny Milton Keynes.

what is asking mr wonder is the weight of the parcel

580 gs is 58 kilograms right?

ts a heavy blooming heater isn’t it?  See screen shot

02DD6C1E-0111-427D-B6B3-6FE313CCDB3C.png

Ah the lovely DHL. After you receive the item, be prepared for a humping great VAT charge which DHL will say they had to pay to HMRC without consulting you so that the item is not held to ransom in customs.  They will demand immediate payment on pain of debt collection fees and court action.  This just happened to me even though the ebay listing said the items location was High Wycombe and  I had no idea the sneaky seller was importing items only when bought and having them delivered direct to the buyer - me.  Apparently DHL are allowed to pursue whoever received the goods rather than their client who is the actual importer.
I know its not exactly like your case but worth noting.

Live and learn.

18 minutes ago, canalboat said:

Ah the lovely DHL. After you receive the item, be prepared for a humping great VAT charge which DHL will say they had to pay to HMRC without consulting you so that the item is not held to ransom in customs.  They will demand immediate payment on pain of debt collection fees and court action.  This just happened to me even though the ebay listing said the items location was High Wycombe and  I had no idea the sneaky seller was importing items only when bought and having them delivered direct to the buyer - me.  Apparently DHL are allowed to pursue whoever received the goods rather than their client who is the actual importer.
I know its not exactly like your case but worth noting.

Live and learn.

Ah yes but dear master

i have listened before on the tutinions that I have been blessed on.

yes I will get a bill from them, x amount for imput tax 

and then there fee which could be more than the tax

i will write them a cheque paying for the import tax in full

but minus couriers fee etc which we never had a contract.

so will send a letter together with a cheque for the import duty only.

explaining that although paying for the import duty, I never had a contract with the courier re their charges.

by cashing in the cheque they accept this as full payment of the bill.

done this before and yes it’s worked. And if you google it, this it what it suggests you do.

i done this with my mppt controller tax was somthing like 9 pounds, the couriers paperwork charge was somthing like £21

just sent covering letter with cheque for £9

result!!

heareth endith my lesson

On 20/01/2018 at 08:19, MartynG said:

1000g =1kg

therfere 

580g= 0.58kg

Highly likely to be a decimal point error. This package is far more likely to weigh 5.8kg than half a kg. 

If it really IS 0.58kg then this heater is really tiny!!

It’s amazing after getting cold feet, I requested to cancel.

i posted the reply, which was not to worry, it will come quick in post

and I will not be disappointed and it had been sent the day before they got the cancellation?.

anyway, my feet got warmer, and quite happy to be able to share the results with you all.

but weighing .58 kg it’s going to be fairly quick to test and apraise.

col

Hi,

0.58kg can definitely not be the weight of the heater. 5.8 kg is more realistic.

Could be a typo error or I remember you mentioning availability with and without LCD Monitor. You opted for with LCD Monitor.

Could they have dispatched the heater and monitor separately and you have the paperwork for the monitor.

Interesting that the basic heater is being listed on Ebay with delivery direct from the UK for £165.90 and Germany for £169.32 + £30.00 delivery.