Diesel heating 5kw new for £163

bigcol

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, alvicchas1 said:

Interesting to note that Planar heaters UK list 2kw, 4kw and 8kw versions and the one from Hong Kong is 5kw.

The 2nd ybw thread above does mention that the Russian company also does a 5kw version but the UK don't stock it

And of course once I get the heater, and can prove it’s not a genuine product by planar

i can of course approach eBay and PayPal for a refund. As they do not allow copies to be sold on ebay

countifiut etc so if this is the case I’m covered both ways.

form eBay and PayPal?

col

2 minutes ago, bigcol said:

And of course once I get the heater, and can prove it’s not a genuine product by planar

i can of course approach eBay and PayPal for a refund. As they do not allow copies to be sold on ebay

countifiut etc so if this is the case I’m covered both ways.

form eBay and PayPal?

col

I'm a little confused about why you emailed Planer about their guarantee if you are buying a counterfeit instead of the real thing.

I wouldn't trust any counterfeit diesel or gas appliance.

I’ve had this before with having a bill from the post office or company that  I ove the tax, not a problem but the postal company also part of the bill is quite a substantial charge for the paperwork, which I send a cheque for the import tax, and a covering letter re that I don’t accept their paperwork charge as we never had a contract with them.

many thanks

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm a little confused about why you emailed Planer about their guarantee if you are buying a counterfeit instead of the real thing.

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Because I am buying a genuine Planar heater as advertised NOT a counterfeit, I am not nor do I want a counterfeit I bought a Planar heater unit, this is what I expect!!!

i myself wanted to find out as per forums post if and where Planar UK got there heaters from

they have mentioned the Rusian federation, 

we will see, and if they are counterfeit I will ask for a refund

col

13 minutes ago, bigcol said:

Because I am buying a genuine Planar heater as advertised NOT a counterfeit, I am not nor do I want a counterfeit I bought a Planar heater unit, this is what I expect!!!

i myself wanted to find out as per forums post if and where Planar UK got there heaters from

they have mentioned the Rusian federation, 

we will see, and if they are counterfeit I will ask for a refund

col

I'm also a bit confused, you are not purchasing from Planar UK who do not sell via Ebay and who appear to be the valid company and one I could possibly do business with. But you are purchasing from a Chinese company via Ebay, perhaps it is the Chinese company you should be directing the questions to and not a valid UK company. 

My concern is that the valid UK company appears to of been dragged into a discussion about what appears to be a Chinese copy selling via Ebay and it would be easy for late arrivals to the thread to think the discussion might be about the valid UK company which would be totally unfair to them. 

Edited by reg

Hang on a minute 

are you saying wing this is a counterfeit?

just like many items and products sold on eBay, I’m hoping and expecting  this is genuine.

I emailed Planar uk to confirm where his units made by Planar came from. It could have been China 

ebay rules they do not sell counterfeit products,

if this unit isn’t Genuine they need informing that this item being sold on eBay.

Which in turn will be good for Planar uk to realise that this item is being sold in their name on eBay !!!!!!

the advert will be taken off, I get refunded Planar uk can carry on selling Planar heater units.

so pray tell me, what’s wrong??

i will in turn email Planar uk would they be interested to see a proper proper Genuine Planar heater lol

Hi Pete

it be a spare anyway, but as far as the eBay item I’m buying it says it’s a genuine Planar, and on description.

it its not then then I will have recourse with eBay 

David. I like to think so, but would prefer to be genuine like ebays says on the description. It will come in handy or a spare

or even can sell it at a vast profit to a neighbour lol

genuine counterfeit heater as shown working on you tube 

i don’t think for one moment I be allowed to keep it if counterfeit.

In the light of your plans I think the question you should have asked Planar, but didn't, is "Will you support your guarantee if I purchase a heater from the ebay listing which dispatches them from China. 

It may well turn out to be the exact same product but expecting Planar UK to guarantee it when they didnt sell it is a bit ambitious in my view!

Hi Mike

Off course I wouldn’t expect for Planar Uk to honor any warrentee on any product if not bought through a reputable dealer.Even I am not that silly 

but once received if it isn’t a Planar as described and listed, 

I will then approach eBay, PayPal and of course Planar Uk to make all aware of the situation. I also will evaluate what’s in the box, either keep or  ask for a refund under eBay and PayPal rules. To be fair I would request a return come refund

if the heater is good surely the Chinese should sell under their own brand, not someone else’s.

warrentee

I'm not sure that you will 'win' a claim of it not being a genuine Planar heater Col.

Read the item particulars and you get this:

Item specifics

Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Type: Air Diesel Heater
Manufacturer Part Number: Does Not Apply Brand: Unbranded
EAN: Does not apply

The 'Unbranded' may be your main stumbling point...

Good luck though!

5 minutes ago, bigcol said:

12V 5KW LCD Monitor Air Diesel Heater PLANAR 5000W for Car Trucks Motor-Homes

This is what the item description says fingers crossed

As the main heading describes it as that particular make, I would think you would have a good case. 

To be fair it’s obvious that it’s not a genuine Planar

so have sent a message as below to the seller even tho the item has been despatched already.

Hi there 

I would like to cancel this order, due to I bought it beleiving that it is a Planar heater,

which I’ve been told this is impossible because the Planar heater comes from the Rusian federation, or through reputable dealers.

So please cancel the order as this is evidently not a Planar heater as your description says.

Apologies

Col

i was going to wait till delivered, but yes it’s definitely not a Planar, 

nor would I be happy installing it our boat, even as a spare, or selling it to anybody else.

so yes my first excitement of getting a cheap Planar, letting all on the forum know of this find, i realise that this post has been a waste of time.  Now all we waiting for is the item too late to be cancelled and or a refund.

thanks and yes guilty of wasting forum members valueable time

but good while it lasted.

i will be passing this all, on to Planar uk ltd

As a diesel heater, even unbranded, the youtube video's about it and the similar offerings have been generally very good (only watched one where the power output control was faulty), so why not look at it that you have bought a product that is getting good reviews despite not wearing a brand name?

When I read your OP I admit not to have thought of a brand name, more of a description of function - but that is me I suppose.  Sorry for your disappointment.

Hi Ratkatcher

im not disappointed, but yes originally bought being a Planar uk, who I never heard of anyway.

but the evidence shows that although advertised as a Planar, it is plainly not.

for me now knowing this, and possibly receiving and getting a refund as well, seems now to to be being dishonest. Now I will wait, if it turns up I will have a look at it for build quality

and if it comes may keep it. But at this moment it’s not what I ordered as in brand, , it’s been advertised wrongly so it’s now a wait and see.

i will be imforming Planar Uk that this is being sold in their name on eBay tho

col

So what do you think

Rushian or Chinese???

New message from: fzeroinestore Top Rated Seller(1,043,410)

Dear colin,
Thanks for your mail and we are sorry to bring you any trouble.
The item has been sent to you on January 09, 2018 this is the tracking number:09900839691568.we can't control it,could you please wait for it? The item is the same as described.Usually the shipping time is 12-24 working days to your country,please wait patiently,you will get it soon.

As per my earlier post, re asking them to cancel the transaction, it seems too late for them recall item back, or they do not understand  or listen perhaps? Oh well we will wait and take it up with eBay and PayPal.

This is the email, requesting the cancellation sent yesterday on the 12th

Hi there 

I would like to cancel this order, due to that I bought it beleiving that it is a Planar heater, which I’ve been told this is impossible because the Planar heater comes from the Rusian federation.

So please CANCEL the order, as this is NOT a Planar heater as your main 
description states

Apologies but I will buy a Planar from somewhere else

Col

45 minutes ago, bigcol said:

So what do you think

Rushian or Chinese???

Dear colin,
Thanks for your mail and we are sorry to bring you any trouble.
The item has been sent to you on January 09, 2018 this is the tracking number:09900839691568.we can't control it,could you please wait for it? The item is the same as described.Usually the shipping time is 12-24 working days to your country,please wait patiently,you will get it soon.

As per my earlier post, re asking them to cancel the transaction, it seems too late for them recall item back, or they do not understand  or listen perhaps? Oh well we will wait and take it up with eBay and PayPal.

This is the email, requesting the cancellation sent yesterday on the 12th

Hi there 

I would like to cancel this order, due to that I bought it beleiving that it is a Planar heater, which I’ve been told this is impossible because the Planar heater comes from the Rusian federation.

So please CANCEL the order, as this is NOT a Planar heater as your main 
description states

Apologies but I will buy a Planar from somewhere else

Col

You realise the next step in this game is you probably getting a call from the import agent asking youth shell out. further £40 in import duty? You'll have to pay it to get the goods.

Are you going pay it or refuse delivery? If you refuse and send it back unseen you can hardly claim it isn't genuine Planar!

If you pay it then you claim your anticipated refund I doubt ebay will repay you the £40 duty, just the £163 purchase price. Just a heads up so you can plan how to field it, should it come to pass.  It might just fly through customs without getting snagged. 

14 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You realise the next step in this game is you probably getting a call from the import agent asking youth shell out. further £40 in import duty? You'll have to pay it to get the goods.

See post #47.

The import duty for diesel fired heaters (fall under the classification Home & Garden → Air Conditioners / Purifiers, Fans & Heaters → Fireplaces | liquid fuel & gel) is 2.7%, however to add to this is 20% VAT and an £8 handling/paperwork charge.

Col is likely to be charged £46.59 before the parcel will be handed over.

Edit to add :

The tricky thing is that Duty is not payable on the 'shipping cost', but VAT is Payable. on the shipping cost

As the heater is sold with 'free delivery' (but we really know that the delivery cost is included) you will be actually paying too much Duty to HMRCE

Edited by Alan de Enfield