Storm Eleanor

MHS

Featured Posts

Be careful out there, it’s going to be a rough ride. Eleanor promises 50+mph winds so it could get tricky. 

We cruised for 2 hours in the dark this morning in order to make it back to base this evening before Eleanor arrives. That and Wendy broke a tooth, so we have to get back to the dentist  don’t know which scares me the most, Wendy with toothache or Eleanor!!

• Greenie 1

30mph gusts here in Warwickshire, but just a few creaks from ropes and pram covers. What a pleasure compared to our previous lumpy water boat - in coastal marinas it was like riding a roller coaster in these conditions. I guess that's the cue for our ropes the come loose?

20 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

30mph gusts here in Warwickshire, but just a few creaks from ropes and pram covers. I guess that's the cue for our ropes the come loose?

More likely if you’re moored in certain parts of Leamington Spa. 

it's been VERY rough here - and still is... since about 3am, things have been banging and clattering around...and blowing off other people' s boats.   I thought I'd tightened down the solar panels well but they've had other ideas.... pivoting and bashing on the roof like they've not got a care in the world.

'hope everyone is safe.

Its been pretty stormy in Sheffield over night with gusts recorded up to 76mph. Not helpful when our bedroom window was exposed to the wind direction. Had a quick glance around the gardens this morning and all seems present and correct.

Got someone checking on the boat this morning for us.

We are just outside Bradford on Avon. Been bufferted (is that a word) last evening and overnightnight. Still now. Calms and squalls. I can't say I enjoy high winds, just prefer quiet wind free nights. Up until about 0330, am I a wimp? 

Got the makings of a cold this morning. 'Notty nose, sore throats and headache. Still have some satsumas left so I'll get them down me neck. Strepsils to hand. 

Really need to move east to get through Seend before long stoppage next Monday. Don't panic Mr Manwaring!!

Edited by Nightwatch

It has been stormy in the Fens. I woke up to hear a rattling noise against the bedroom window panes, sleepily wondered "Wot that?", then worked out that it was rain, and went back to sleep. This morning I have had to go out and right the dustbin, and reopen the wooden gate which had pushed its heavy concrete-lump retainer half way across the drive, carving a groove in the gravel as it did so. Whoops, a dull crash from outside suggests that the dustbin may be reluctant to stay vertical. Do excuse me...