Can't Post in The Virtual Pub?

Tumshie

Featured Posts

I'm not a newbie (as such) but I am a bit of a lurker so I've only posted a couple of times, :blush:. When in the Virtual Pub I can't seem to find a way to reply to anyone, even when signed into my account. Could this be because of my lack posts and if so how many post must be made first or am I barking up all the wrong trees?

Thank you.

Tumsh. 

2 hours ago, Tumshie said:

:hug:

If I just post this post then that will be 5 posts and then I can go and see if I can post in The Virtual Pub, then I may need a wee quick snooze, as I'll be all posted out. 

Tumsh.

Found it - Its in the rules & guidelines :

As part of member validation process, new members are not permitted to post in the ‘Virtual Pub’ area until a minimum of 10 posts have been made elsewhere on the forum and to the satisfaction of the moderation team. Posts made in the Virtual Pub area do not count towards a users post count.

• Greenie 1

14 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

So the magic number is 10. I must have looked every where but the rules & guidelines section. What a numpty I am. Thank you for all your effort Alan, that was very kind.

Getting there - reply to this and that'll be another one.

You are at the end of one of the Uk's nicest canals (but I do prefer the other end !)

Spent many happy hours / days / weeks around Oban / Fort William / Loch Etive (falls of Lorne quite exciting when a tide is running) when we had trailer boats.

A 'gang of us' and about 5 or 6 boats came up for the Summer and took Static caravans. Lovely area.

We had planned to 'do' the canal again this year with our 23 foot beam Cruising catamaran, but unfortunately weather and hospital appointments snookered that so we went 'down' the East coast instead of 'up'

51948861gallery_wm.jpg

5 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I have no idea if I've done this right but I think I've just up loaded a picture - this is the Inverness end.

Yup - you are a turnip (come here ma wee tumshie)- You've 'done it right' - and got to 10 posts so 'off you go' and post where you like.

Tara for now.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/01/2018 at 14:05, Asia_Off_Grid said:

Thanks for this topic.

I was about to waste my time, and the forum administrators' time, with modified screenshots, trying to sort out why I am unable to post in the VP.

It would however, have been a self inflicted waste of time on the part of the forum admin. It is a stupid and pointless rule that only serves to cause endless wasted time by new members puzzling about it, and regularly starting new threads about it. 

• Greenie 1

38 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

and regularly starting new threads about it. 

:blush: Ooops

21 hours ago, Asia_Off_Grid said:

Thanks for this topic.

I was about to waste my time, and the forum administrators' time, with modified screenshots, trying to sort out why I am unable to post in the VP.

Glad it helped. It's not very often I get to be productive. :)

Welcome to the forum  :cheers:

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I was mostly Alan de Enfield who helped me with this thread and kept posting until I had posted 10 times. You just need 2 more posts. :)

Well, to be honest, I was hoping to build my post count in threads that would be more beneficial to others, if possible. However, I couldn't resist replying to your comments here.

And, thanks, by the way. I hadn't noticed how many posts I had, until you mentioned it. 

giphy.gif.c046c5e4e673e779908e080daaf6a34e.gif

Edited by Asia_Off_Grid