Connecting two sink drains together for one skin fitting

Odana

Featured Posts

I used a brass plug with a flanged face and a locknut inside to blank my surplus hole, 1 inch bsp I think. If you want a  really shallow waste for the main bowl then look at the caravan parts suppliers , they come with a 3/4 or 1" hose tail . A short 1" bore hose connection is ok. You can get similar connections for the 1/2 bowl but this will depend on if you have to use the waste disposal hole reducer, if so you will need a 90 degree  x 1.5 inch to 1" hose adapter, probably in brass/bronze. Look at the pipe fittings on the ASAP  site

1 hour ago, smileypete said:

I've never had a trap before - hence wanting to get rid of the space-using, height-using set up we have now. Mind you, that very slim one there looks pretty good, and solves some of the height problem too. 

waste.jpg.d40a08eb8d540fdaec13f6940adc6ec3.jpg

You shouldn't use rigid PVC push-fits.   This is done with marine grade hose, double clipped with Stainless steel jubillees.   This satisfies RCD etc as the top of the sink effectively becomes the opening which is more than 250mm above the water level.   This was as advised to me by a particularly piccy surveyor that oversaw my fitting-out.

And you don't need a trap!

5 hours ago, smileypete said:

Fair enough, this sounds like a refit so the RCD probably doesn't apply.

Think I'd prefer the skin fitting high as poss, a canalboat won't heel much :) but there may be a bit due to uneven loading.

My comment was in reply to the BSS I don't know what the RCD requires

Up until very recently I really hadn't though about the necessity, or otherwise, of having a trap.  Our sink is slow to drain and would be vastly improved if I got rid of the trap.  I see the point of not needing to provide a trap to stop smells, but what about capturing things dropped into the sink by accident?  I am thinking Wedding Rings, grub screws from taps and the like  (not that I have EVER had this happen of course!!)

8 hours ago, lockedout said:

Up until very recently I really hadn't though about the necessity, or otherwise, of having a trap.  Our sink is slow to drain and would be vastly improved if I got rid of the trap.  I see the point of not needing to provide a trap to stop smells, but what about capturing things dropped into the sink by accident?  I am thinking Wedding Rings, grub screws from taps and the like  (not that I have EVER had this happen of course!!)

That is why I put the plug in when I put new washers in the taps