Hi from a newbie

Bolly

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Bolly said:

Hi all, this is my first post on the forum. Have been following it for a few weeks now so thought I should sign up. It’s been a good Christmas here, hope so for you too.

Good evening new person :cheers: happy new year ish

6 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Good evening new person :cheers: happy new year ish

Yeah, I thought it was too soon for happy new years too. But if Sainsburys can have their Christmas stuff out in November I guess I'm ok wishing you and the rest of the forum a very happy new year with only four days to go. Happy New Year.

• Happy 1

4 hours ago, Bolly said:

It's in Warwickshire. Not on the cut but hoping to remedy that before getting too far into the new year.

Nice area. I know it well.  We've been here for 31 years. Regretfully having to give up cruising soon due do to physical limitations brought on by both of us getting old. Making it risky to handle boats and locks and bridges safely.  It means we will sell our house with an EOG mooring - but timed to fit in with buying a house in Stourbridge to be nearer our children. 

So it looks like one-comes, one-goes, so to speak. A neutral balancing act between us you might say - if it all goes to plan

Good luck.

That's a nice post. I've lived in Birmingham 20 years ago for a happy few years and it's had a bit of a hold on me ever since. There's a warmth there that's not in keeping with a big city. I think Stourbridge will look after you. I'm hoping to cruise the BCN for a few years come the time. Good luck to you too.