honest ebay advert?

roland elsdon

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

He is even saying he doesn’t accept PayPal! 

Which would exclude me from bidding on it. Having been ripped off in the long and distant past I will only purchase online with the security offered by PayPal. If a seller doesn’t accept it I move on and look elsewhere. 

Looks like someone who has never used ebay before, and who has little/no knowledge of boats or boating. He probably lives/works in Warwick, but the boats could be anywhere.

Perhaps an executor doing his best for an estate?

Perhaps Roger Horsley of Warwick?

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/roger-horsley-54a5b875

Chaplain with a firm of solicitors?

31 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Which would exclude me from bidding on it. Having been ripped off in the long and distant past I will only purchase online with the security offered by PayPal. If a seller doesn’t accept it I move on and look elsewhere. 

So do I.  In case others reading this do not know, it is worth mentioning that boats and cars are exempt from the paypal buyer protections.  Though you do have the valuable protection of not having to share your bank or credit card numbers with the seller.

1 hour ago, Richard10002 said:

Looks like someone who has never used ebay before, and who has little/no knowledge of boats or boating. He probably lives/works in Warwick, but the boats could be anywhere.

Perhaps an executor doing his best for an estate?

Perhaps Roger Horsley of Warwick?

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/roger-horsley-54a5b875

Chaplain with a firm of solicitors?

Fits with the name of the boat and the fact that it's moored not far from the Jaguar plant.

Apart from anything else, 524180 would be a very recently registered (and therefore, more likely than not, recently built) boat which would not be offered at such a modest price. 504180, on the other hand, would have been registered around 2000, which is much more likely.

I know this boat well, it has been moored at elesmere port for quite some time, has had a brand new beta 38 about 4/5 years ago and is  owned by a church organisation of some sort, have done some work on it and its had a fair amount of money spent on it.

11 minutes ago, andyb116 said:

I know this boat well, it has been moored at elesmere port for quite some time, has had a brand new beta 38 about 4/5 years ago and is  owned by a church organisation of some sort, have done some work on it and its had a fair amount of money spent on it.

But is it the church organisation (or their agent/broker) that is trying to sell it? 

There have been scams when the crook tries flogging someone else’s. 

2 hours ago, MHS said:

But is it the church organisation (or their agent/broker) that is trying to sell it? 

There have been scams when the crook tries flogging someone else’s. 

Ties in with the LinkedIn chaplain reference of the possible seller in Warwick in an earlier post.

44 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

Ties in with the LinkedIn chaplain reference of the possible seller in Warwick in an earlier post.

Maybe it is genuine, but there’s a lot of question marks and assumptions on the post that you mention. If it is genuine, why is the only one external photo that any passer by could take?