Where's this on the BCN?

wandering snail

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, wandering snail said:

Thanks. Trying to get to Northampton but think there's stoppages whichever way we go.

Not that I can see on a quick check. All recent stoppages seem to be finished in time for the Christmas window and the next set of works start on 2nd January.

If you are travelling later then if you go via Fazeley and you are clear of Minworth locks by no later than New Year's Day I think you should be OK until 5th February when there is a stoppage at Barby. Via Warwick then you would need to be clear of Cape by New Year's Day  and Bascote later in the month but then clear for the rest of the journey.

JP

5 minutes ago, wandering snail said:

Thanks for confirming this. Don't think we can get on the move before beg. of Jan. having looked at 3 possible routes!

I'm puzzled as to what is preventing you moving.

Is it that you are not able to be boating before the beginning of January due to other commitments, or that you believe the stoppages will prevent you moving until then?

JP

45 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

I'm puzzled as to what is preventing you moving.

Is it that you are not able to be boating before the beginning of January due to other commitments, or that you believe the stoppages will prevent you moving until then?

JP

We needed to be moving the boat during January

8 hours ago, wandering snail said:

We needed to be moving the boat during January

Then yes you will be stuck from 2nd January. Although it's only 2 to 3 hours from Cuckoo Wharf to above Minworth locks if you have any ability at all to move before 2nd January. It's clear from there to Northampton for the rest of January (noting Matty's comments about Weedon).

JP

10 hours ago, wandering snail said:

Is this on the Birmingham and Fazeley does anyone know? If so, looks like there's stoppages whichever way we go to get to Northampton??

boat for sale.jpg

Definitely Cuckoo Wharf .... this is off Street View

5a3cb5d4b1390_CuckooComp.jpg.b32c01abd81452cea795ef6327e5390a.jpg

• Greenie 1