How to take the shine off a good day's cruise.....

Wanderer Vagabond

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, Athy said:

Yes, you make a good point - but as the saying goes, first impressions are lasting impressions, rightly or wrongly.

I'm sure that you are very demure.

Yes you are right, you seldom get a second chance to make a first impression.

2 hours ago, matty40s said:

chugged along feeding the ducks and swans as we passed. 

A lovely crispy cob filled with bacon, mushrooms and eggs appeared magically from the galley

That must have been a bloomin' enormous breakfast. I hope that chef had plucked it first.

19 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

A cob is the Black Country name what normal people would call a crusty roll.

Also in the East Midlands, where what Suvners would call "sandwich bars" are known as "cob shops" - though oddly enough a restaurant will advertise "soup and roll" and not "soup and cob".

On 02/12/2017 at 22:10, Wanderer Vagabond said:

I wont 'name and shame' this guy since, if he reads these forums, he will know who he is and he is the only one who needs to change or go.

Was it a "traditional" nod nod wink wink, boat, if so its still there

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Was it a "traditional" nod nod wink wink, boat, if so its still there

I would think he probably is. He had however turned around between me going north and coming back again since his side doors (where he shouted from) we on the towpath side when I came back.

12 hours ago, Athy said:

Also in the East Midlands, where what Suvners would call "sandwich bars" are known as "cob shops" - though oddly enough a restaurant will advertise "soup and roll" and not "soup and cob".

Yep, you can ask for a cob all over the midlands, not just in the Black Country. You ask for a Tea Cake up here in the North, or a Barm over Manchester way. 

(Tea cakes don't  have currants in. If you want a tea cake with currants, you have to make sure you ask for a tea cake with currants)