Eberspacher problems

Featured Posts

I've recently replaced a dead eberspacher d5wsc with a refurbished unit. I changed the control unit for a brand new one so thought all would be well. It's stopped working a couple of times, I take the control unit off, which is in perfect condition, refit it and it works fine. If I then try it again later in the day, it doesn't fire up at all, no clicks, whirrs etc. Are there any other users with experience who could advise on the csuse/solution? 

Thanks 

Mike 

12 minutes ago, locostmike said:

Thanks Wotever, is there a particular issue with the voltage? What am I checking? 

As I understand matters they are intolerant of low voltage. So your batteries must be well charged. 

When I had an Eberspacher D5w I could never get it to light in the morning, but it would tick (fuel pump) and whir. I replaced it with a Webasto Thermo top C. That will work every morning. If you read the manual it will tell you where you can clip a bulb so as you can read the flash code which will tell you what it thinks is at fault.