hello! and opinions please...

twoesses

Featured Posts

hello with an update!

we have put an offer in subject to full survey on "fool of a took" a 58ft liverpool boats at venetian marina. does anyone have opinions or experience of the vessel? its an isuzu, cruiser stern (not my personal favourites im a bit of a traditionalist) with stove and diesel heating. we looked at quite a few boats and found our must have lists changed a lot the more boats we saw, the more we talked about it and took on board the advice from this thread so thanks to you all. we will see what the survey comes back with but the open plan layout, facilities and fit out work well for us.

two days into our fortnights hire with chas hardern my partner fell ill, and was rushed from audlem into hospital with kidney failure. harderns have been absolutely fantastic, completely understanding and very supportive in collecting the boat from nantwich at a time i suddenly needed to be in the hospital with my partner. we cant thank them enough. it was not the relaxing winter cruising experience we expected but my partner is at least slowly recovering now. 

so many thanks to you on the forum, its a wealth of knowledge which is great to reference, and to those who helped with our initial questions and straighten out our thinking! we will keep the thread updated with our progress.

Edited by twoesses
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

Some Teddesley boats  that they used for hire were Les Allen shells but viewing the head on bow shot the bow shape (unless it's camera angle )bears no resemblance to an Allen fore end the Reeves built boat would not interest me the counter with that awful rail puts me off completely BUUUUUTTT it's for you to decide the boat will be for you but at 10 grand cheaper with a proper vintage power unit it would for me be a no contest the final choice is down to you though

To late re your last post hope all works out & you "Tother" half recovers fully.

Edited by X Alan W