Braunston Winding hole

Ray T

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Boatingbiker said:

If I remember correctly, work was completed before this year's Historic Boat rally, amist lots of publicity of who paid for the dredging work !¬

The dredging of the marina was done last winter along with some of the canal. The piling of the bank opposite the marina entrance is entirely a CRT thing and has been done since the Historic weekend.

1 minute ago, IanM said:

The dredging of the marina was done last winter along with some of the canal. The piling of the bank opposite the marina entrance is entirely a CRT thing and has been done since the Historic weekend.

If I am remembering correctly, I think the piling was done at the start of August 

1 hour ago, IanM said:

It must have been done AFTER the historic weekend, there are no dents in it! :D

George

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Boatingbiker said:

If I remember correctly, work was completed before this year's Historic Boat rally, amist lots of publicity of who paid for the dredging work !¬

This video of Tench at the 2017 event says you are not remembering correctly......

6 minutes ago, furnessvale said:

It must have been done AFTER the historic weekend, there are no dents in it! :D

George

Not necessarily - Minnow seldom attends that one, I think!

Edited by alan_fincher
  • Greenie 1

33 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Plenty do have such signs, its much more fun turning in one when they have such a sign :)

Good for you!   I don't mind signs that say 'No entry', 'No mooring', 'Private', 'Keep out' and the like. With or without 'please' they are perfectly entitled to restrict use of their land.

But to say 'No turning' or 'No winding' is a bl??dy cheek! 

I suggest that some marina owners put up these signs to avoid the turning boats pushing silt from the canal into their entrance, which they are responsible for dredging.

There always was a No Turning sign by the ladder bridge entrance to Braunston Marina indicating that boats should wind in the main entrance.  I haven't been through there for a few weeks so can't absolutely confirm that it is still there.

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, Lady C said:

I suggest that some marina owners put up these signs to avoid the turning boats pushing silt from the canal into their entrance, which they are responsible for dredging.

There always was a No Turning sign by the ladder bridge entrance to Braunston Marina indicating that boats should wind in the main entrance.  I haven't been through there for a few weeks so can't absolutely confirm that it is still there.

Its still there ...