More about marina livin'

larryjc

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

In a marina surrounded by boats with washing flapping on washing lines is the antithesis of what boating is all about, in my personal opinion. 

Completely agree. I am at present in a marina as I am getting to be a whimp so taking less risks. I will be here till end of february before doing a big shifty. I will however be in and out weather ( ice ) permitting during the duration. Fab piccie Mike.

Edited by mrsmelly

On 16/11/2017 at 15:35, Athy said:

You may have solved your problem then, as long as they have a space (it's very popular). Braunston's a fascinating place, has lots of facilities for boaters and is in a good cruising area.

I'm surprised that's the first thing they told you.

It was the 1st question I was asked by larryjc 

On 16/11/2017 at 15:35, Athy said:

You may have solved your problem then, as long as they have a space (it's very popular). Braunston's a fascinating place, has lots of facilities for boaters and is in a good cruising area.

I'm surprised that's the first thing they told you.

56 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

"ironing"?  It is a process using a heavy thing made of iron to flatten other objects. What is this question doing on a boating forum? Oh, it is boating? Also known as "Timothy Boating"?

I have laying in front of me a paraffin powered flat iron, I have never seen one before. 

On 18/11/2017 at 11:24, Alan de Enfield said:

Soldering iron ?

Nope. Rather like this, but mine is 'Calor' brand. You light the gas flames through the gap around the perimeter and they play on the top face of the shoe. 

No thermostatic control though!

original.jpg

In fact here is a nice green one the same as mine:

$_99.JPG

Edited by Mike the Boilerman