Eco Fan

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, cereal tiller said:

I think that Swallows could be trained Fly around a Boat's Stove, using a System like they do at Airports.they could Fly "Stacked",some just off the Cabin Floor and others at different Heights all the way up to the Ceiling.

It would De Stratify  the Air Temp. around the Cabin far better than an Ecofan?

I'll buy one off you when you get the R&D out of the way and have a reliable supplier of white paint.

2 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Could they carry some elderberries as well do you think?

Only juniper bushes I would think

• Greenie 1

For those struggling to remember where this swallow nonsense comes from, Monty Python, Holy Grail, has this segment by the bridge,

Arthur is trying to bypass a troll who asks him “What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?” Arthur, informed by the earlier debate, asks “What do you mean? African or European swallow?” Since the troll cannot answer this question, he is defeated.

3 minutes ago, mross said:

For those struggling to remember where this swallow nonsense comes from, Monty Python, Holy Grail, has this segment by the bridge,

Arthur is trying to bypass a troll who asks him “What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?” Arthur, informed by the earlier debate, asks “What do you mean? African or European swallow?” Since the troll cannot answer this question, he is defeated.

Thanks for the reality check. And now for something completely different................................

Edited by rusty69

5 hours ago, andy3196 said:

Caframo did commmission some testing of their Ecofan 800, looking at potential fuel savings. The report is at http://www.ecofan.ch/pdf/Studie_Energieeinsparung_Ecofan_komplett.pdf

Might be of interest to people, or easy to pick fault with.

I read this report and it was done by a respectable Canadian University.  But their beautiful colour graphic is just a simulation and shows what they think is happening.  There are no infra-red videos.  The report seems to be very well designed.  But, if I were trying to determine the efficacy of a stove fan I would have used an electric heater to represent the heat source so as to have had a constant heat level.  The report is too reliant on the 'technician' keeping the wood burner's output constant. 

Their conclusion is a bit woolly; "Test results shown in the preceding section of this report strongly suggest improvement in fuel saving...."

Does anyone know if their promised follow-up report was ever published?

3 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Just arrived at the boat, 4° inside. Fire lit and fan already spinning like a good un. I expect I'll have to open the stern doors soon as it will be too hot inside.

Be careful opening the doors, best to fasten a safety line round your waist, the air flow will be strong enough to blow you straight off the boat and int' drink

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1
  • Horror 1

49 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Just arrived at the boat, 4° inside. Fire lit and fan already spinning like a good un. I expect I'll have to open the stern doors soon as it will be too hot inside.

No need to open the doors just take the fan of the fire

17 hours ago, carlt said:

No waffle just humour.

Lighten up.

I don't care if anyone has an Ecofan or not but I reserve the right to tease mercilessly.

As far as "blind" is concerned I am a former Materials Engineer with knowledge of temperature gradients within ovens and furnaces in the textiles industry.

I did my own tests with an Ecofan that was a gift and found no difference in temperature variance over the whole length of my 45' open plan cabin with or without the fan on the stove.

After playing with it for a while I gave it to someone who had drunk the koolaid who still swears by it to this day. 

It's all posted with a big smile, I can assure you. The faux seriousness gets the usual suspects scurrying, squeaking twaddle!

But still not had a genuine reply on my proposition. Can't cope with the truth, you friends of Trump!

• Greenie 2