Eco Fan

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

You said yours equalled 7 bags of coal, I (perhaps mistakenly) assumed you meant the weight.

I don't have an eco fan. I don't have a boat. I have once seen an eco fan in operation, which I think weighed maybe 2kg, and felt that it was having little effect.

1 minute ago, Peter X said:

You said yours equalled 7 bags of coal, I (perhaps mistakenly) assumed you meant the weight.

I don't have an eco fan. I don't have a boat. I have once seen an eco fan in operation, which I think weighed maybe 2kg, and felt that it was having little effect.

No I meant I would rather buy 7 bags of coal than buy another Eco Fan Peter.

Sorry for any confusion. Lol

Ok, so I finally succumbed and bought a Baby equaliser fan (currently £37.20).Sorry @mrsmelly I can finally put this thread to rest with my conclusive evidence that.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................It most definitely................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Goes round and round (but only when the stove is lit).

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 2

If anybody is interested in buying an eco fan Aldi have them as a special buy at £25 and they are ok. How effective they are in significantly moving heat is (as has been clearly illustrated) debatable but I think I'm in the "makes a bit of a difference" camp. It's definitely worth a punt at £25.

8 minutes ago, rgreg said:

If anybody is interested in buying an eco fan Aldi have them as a special buy at £25 and they are ok. How effective they are in significantly moving heat is (as has been clearly illustrated) debatable but I think I'm in the "makes a bit of a difference" camp. It's definitely worth a punt at £25.

Yes, we have literally just bought one of these on the way to the boat today, and just have it up and running.

Although branded "Workzone", it is very similar to our Ecofan in dimensions and methods of construction, but only about one third the price.  It doesn't look "cheaper" or inferior in any obvious way.

I had concluded that the efficiency of our ol Ecofan had been significantly impaired by too many tumbles from the stove, and that seems to be borne out by having both running together on the same stove.  The Aldi one is spinning very noticeably faster than our old Ecofan one.

The temperature in the boat on arrival was 3 degrees, so I'm very much hoping we can get the temperature up fairly quickly(!)

incidentally as the Aldi offer has been on a while, I did wonder if they would have any in store.  We tried Bletchley, which currently has reasonable stocks, but not huge numbers.

JTF have one of the eco fan clones for sale for 30 quid. Thought it worth a punt....

only tried it at home so far and it definitely causes a draught that we can feel sat about 8 feet from the stove.

the most useful thing is when the fan slows we we know to stick more coal on...

6 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

JTF have one of the eco fan clones for sale for 30 quid. Thought it worth a punt....

only tried it at home so far and it definitely causes a draught that we can feel sat about 8 feet from the stove.

the most useful thing is when the fan slows we we know to stick more coal on...

Not sure it will work on a punt. If its causing a draught, definitely bin it, the only draft my new one affected is my overdraft.:)

• Greenie 1

13 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

36 degrees again here please stop with the Eco fans ; bike racing in high temperatures and 35kph winds past power stations closed due the 'success' of ecofans in the northern hemisphere is not good in my 6th decade

Roland, will you please desist from telling us how warm it is with you. I have just seen two brass monkeys walk down the towpath talking in rather high pitched voices.:)

• Haha 1

Anyone know what kind of voltage the fan motor runs on? I have thought about removing the motor and cobbling a phone charger up with one, purely as a recreational project.