Eco Fan

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Robbo said:

I will do a test this evening, I have a temperature sensor on the ceiling that’s near the stove and I’ve noticed it drop when I put the ecofan on, so will try a on/off/on/off experiment.

The paper from Warterloo University did a lot of temperature measurements and no one believed them.

Whilst this thread is full of nonsense (just like the OP:rolleyes:) and long may it continue?, have a look at the 'serious' thread that was running at the same time which showed, on our boat at least, the baby equaliser (other fans are available) actually did make a significant difference by moving air around (slowly).

I believe

I believe

I believe

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

The paper from Warterloo University did a lot of temperature measurements and no one believed them.

Whilst this thread is full of nonsense (just like the OP:rolleyes:) and long may it continue?, have a look at the 'serious' thread that was running at the same time which showed, on our boat at least, the baby equaliser (other fans are available) actually did make a significant difference by moving air around (slowly).

I believe

I believe

I believe

Stop it Doc mi sides are splitting ?

• Haha 1

Just now, rusty69 said:

Poor duck.Isn't it about time you gave him back to Auntie Rainwater for her next auction?

Well I was just thinking about that. The year is nealy up and he has enjoyed his time with us .....and he's nearly finished repairing all those broken surfboards you keep sending me...but time for someone else to pay up and take him for a year.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Well I was just thinking about that. The year is nealy up and he has enjoyed his time with us .....and he's nearly finished repairing all those broken surfboards you keep sending me...but time for someone else to pay up and take him for a year.

Ill give you a fiver for it ? where is Auntie anyway havnt seen her posting for a while?

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Ill give you a fiver for it ? where is Auntie anyway havnt seen her posting for a while?

He's far more valuable than that. He helped solve the 'does it work' conundrum on ecofans (other fans are available) so we will have to put a 'reserve' price on him.....if we ever get Auntie Rainwater to put toether a decent invitation to bid with an accurate specification.

• 1 month later...

As this tread seems to have gone to sleep after only 1083 posts I thought I would report on this double headed model for twice the air movement, it males the Lidl one look expensive https://www.domu.co.uk/vonhaus-double-stove-fan

Capture.JPG

There is also an osculating one https://www.domu.co.uk/vonhaus-oscillating-stove-fan?refSrc=3194&nosto=nosto-page-product1

Capture.JPG

Edited by ditchcrawler
Add the second fan

I bought one from Aldi for £12.00, it sits on top of a Lockgate Reflex diesel stove and there is no doubt it does make a difference. I mounted a thermocouple about twenty feet from the stove and checked the temperature every half hour, yes I know but there was nothing on the TV and the weather was foul. The temperature readings stabilised after two / three hours, then I put the fan on the stove  and the temperature rose by roughly three degrees over the next hour. I wouldn't pay the silly prices for an Eco fan but for £12.00 it was a good buy.

Ken

1 minute ago, KenK said:

I bought one from Aldi for £12.00, it sits on top of a Lockgate Reflex diesel stove and there is no doubt it does make a difference. I mounted a thermocouple about twenty feet from the stove and checked the temperature every half hour, yes I know but there was nothing on the TV and the weather was foul. The temperature readings stabilised after two / three hours, then I put the fan on the stove  and the temperature rose by roughly three degrees over the next hour. I wouldn't pay the silly prices for an Eco fan but for £12.00 it was a good buy.

Ken

The rise in temeperature was nothing to do with the fuel burning through then? ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

As this tread seems to have gone to sleep after only 1083 posts I thought I would report on this double headed model for twice the air movement, it males the Lidl one look expensive https://www.domu.co.uk/vonhaus-double-stove-fan

There is also an osculating one https://www.domu.co.uk/vonhaus-oscillating-stove-fan?refSrc=3194&nosto=nosto-page-product1

I wouldn't like to get a kiss from that!  Painful.

5 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Saw one of those hovering about houses of parliament on news last night. Thought it was a drone but must have escaped and cruising the thermals of parliamentary bullshit

• 10 months later...
12 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

So, its that time of year again innitt :D Have u all got yer Eco Fans on standby ready to blast hot air throughout ya boat??

Ecofans are the reason that the boat safety scheme includes a requirement for the stove to be bolted down to the floor. Stops them being blown over by the thrust from the fan on top.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

So, its that time of year again innitt :D Have u all got yer Eco Fans on standby ready to blast hot air throughout ya boat??

Mine has been knocked off the top of the stove so many times, I'm amazed it's kicked into action. But it's spinning away like a good un at the moment.

4 minutes ago, NB Caelmiri said:

Mine has been knocked off the top of the stove so many times, I'm amazed it's kicked into action. But it's spinning away like a good un at the moment.

Dont get too near it, the heat given off is lethal at close range. Whatever happens dont get your arm or fingers anywhere near the blades as they will amputate the limb!!