Eco Fan

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

I am going to get one of those ones with a Sterling engine for home before next winter, I don't give a toss if it helps warm the room, I just want to sit and watch it spinning https://www.warpfivefans.com/products/GB/stove-fans/stove-fan-high-heat?content=stirling-engine-kits&locale=GB

I have this one and it's nice (I have the sidewinder).  You can get it with copper blades as well (you'll need to contact Warpfive for it as it's not on the website).

5 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Ohhhh what are these ecofan things,  never heard of them before, do they work?

:)

oooo I dont know do they? Praps we could open a debate on this thread?

• Greenie 1

• 4 months later...
On 14/04/2018 at 08:06, Mike Todd said:

If they do it is bound to drive up the price of boats. (Vide today's media reports!)

Well they must be working then cause boat prices have gone up since Mikey's post.

I blame Rusty for posting the link to this thread again!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jennifer McM said:

Thanks Dr Bob, I was absent when this thread was 'raging' - can't wait to blaze up the fire, and settle down to read all these posts! ?

You don't need to read the over a thousand posts......just watch my lips.........THEY DONT WORK!!

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/11/2017 at 09:44, mross said:

'Wind chill' only applies when the air is colder than you.  Or if your clothes are wet.

In all my time in the UK I have never experienced air that was warmer than 36.9 degC

I am thoroughly enjoying this thread (starting from the beginning as not using Chicken of the VNC)

So far I have reached post 276...

4 minutes ago, George and Dragon said:

In all my time in the UK I have never experienced air that was warmer than 36.9 degC

You must have a long wait for xmas dinner! :)

On 08/12/2017 at 10:28, Dr Bob said:

I am on a macbook pro at the mo....and no idea.

Sorry if someone already answered this for you I'm going to suggest using alt-k. Now to try it for myself before I make a complete prat of myself ˚

Yes , that seems to work - I'll make a prat of myself some other time 

On 08/12/2017 at 10:50, Rob-M said:
  • On Macs - option shift 8

Which one's the option key? °

Ah, that's what I was calling alt.

° v ˚

One of those but I couldn't tell you what the other is for

1 hour ago, George and Dragon said:

Sorry if someone already answered this for you I'm going to suggest using alt-k. Now to try it for myself before I make a complete prat of myself ˚

I have no idea of what I had no idea about at the time when ideas were in short supply. I can hardly remember what I had for tea tonight let alone one of the twists and turns of this enthralling thread.

If you cant remember, let me help.

you scientifically proved beyond reasonable doubt that eco fans may or may not work.

we also proved that due to the coreolis effect, substantive use of eco fans in the uk, are causing drought in the eastern side of australia, and causing polar bears to ‘partner up’ earlier in the year. The massive wind i faced during the australian summer cycling to work was clear evidence, backed up by its reduction on the homeward leg as fires in the uk  died down towards uk dawn.

There was a great deal of science but the flat earth brigade still swear that £40 quids worth of eco fan will save £200 quids worth of coal a year and halt global warming.

remember?

2 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

If you cant remember, let me help.

you scientifically proved beyond reasonable doubt that eco fans may or may not work.

we also proved that due to the coreolis effect, substantive use of eco fans in the uk, are causing drought in the eastern side of australia, and causing polar bears to ‘partner up’ earlier in the year. The massive wind i faced during the australian summer cycling to work was clear evidence, backed up by its reduction on the homeward leg as fires in the uk  died down towards uk dawn.

There was a great deal of science but the flat earth brigade still swear that £40 quids worth of eco fan will save £200 quids worth of coal a year and halt global warming.

remember?

He He!

.....It's amazing how hot it got this summer when everyone in the UK stopped using their fans.