Eco Fan

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Just a quick question realy. We all know how fantastic Eco fans are and we know we have to be safety conscious re not putting them in a position to blast hot air at the cabin sides and induce a fire, however do the panel think a 2, 3 or 4 bladed or even the later multi bladed types are the best in relation to safety and performance?

Thankyou for ANY input.

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

Just a quick question realy. We all know how fantastic Eco fans are and we know we have to be safety conscious re not putting them in a position to blast hot air at the cabin sides and induce a fire, however do the panel think a 2, 3 or 4 bladed or even the later multi bladed types are the best in relation to safety and performance?

Thankyou for ANY input.

Zero bladed both in terms of safety and improved heat distribution. 

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

:o This is shown as number 1000 on my pooter :(

Thats cos you posted a millisecond before I did, when I thought I was on 998, suggesting you should do 1000. 

One/both of us are eeeeeeejuts

Edited by rusty69

5 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Thankyou for ANY input.

I thought we could go round again another 1000 times so this time MR SMELLY can be the 2000'th post.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Thats cos you posted a millisecond before I did, when I thought I was on 998, suggesting you should do 1000. 

One/both of us are eeeeeeejuts

Its official.....Its BOTH.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

I thought we were not going to let this thread get to 40 pages now it will need a card a cake and candles to be blown out by the gale from the..... Wind

Why is Gale from the Winding Hole pub going to blow the candles out? Surely it should be Mrsmelly. Com'on fairs fair.

16 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Well the draft from the fan sure wont blow out the candles...specially ours i understand you have another ice age in progress in the shire of northampton. Please resolve before 12 april please.

Its not only Northampton :(

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

They are not ecofans (other fans are available)!!! These are thermoelectric generators!!! Dont install one of these if you have Lithium batteries. You could fry lithiums in no time.

• 4 weeks later...

Excuse me but I have a question!

This is my first year of ecofan ownership and I have successfully made it through the winter by totally ignoring said ecofan (other fans are available). We maybe have a few more weeks of running the stove so my thoughts are now focussed on how to 'summerise' the fan so I can use it next winter. What do I need to do to it? Do I need to drain all the electrickerty out of it? How do I do that? I will stabilise the blades in bubble wrap so they dont get damaged and make sure it is not in a high temperature environment in case they start going round automatically.

Do I need to keep it in the fridge?

Yours faithfully, expectant muppet.

43 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Excuse me but I have a question!

This is my first year of ecofan ownership and I have successfully made it through the winter by totally ignoring said ecofan (other fans are available). We maybe have a few more weeks of running the stove so my thoughts are now focussed on how to 'summerise' the fan so I can use it next winter. What do I need to do to it? Do I need to drain all the electrickerty out of it? How do I do that? I will stabilise the blades in bubble wrap so they dont get damaged and make sure it is not in a high temperature environment in case they start going round automatically.

Do I need to keep it in the fridge?

Yours faithfully, expectant muppet.

Turn it upside down and it will act as a cooling system for your boat in the slightly delayed summer we are going to have.

If you place it on the roof of the boat and wire it like a solar panel to an mppt controler the heat from the roof steel will spin it fast enough to keep a large battery bank fully charged. Do  ensure your mooring lines are well secured and in good condition or the boat may break loose due to  the fans power and cause mayhem to passing boats.

I am going to get one of those ones with a Sterling engine for home before next winter, I don't give a toss if it helps warm the room, I just want to sit and watch it spinning https://www.warpfivefans.com/products/GB/stove-fans/stove-fan-high-heat?content=stirling-engine-kits&locale=GB

On 16/11/2017 at 17:11, Bod said:

Those prices have really fallen, since we got our 2 blade Eco Fan.

Would have another, but the choice now........

Bod

This is what I was thinking too Bod , does the amount of money invested have any effect on the Performance or lack thereof ?

" We woz all robbed "