Eco Fan

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

Reindeer droppings.. used to come across them in the loose coal in the hold ever so often . When put in range you could swear you saw a cat snigger....

I tried Kangaroo poo on our squirrel once. The Mrs was hopping mad, and went nuts. 

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 3

On 16/02/2018 at 10:16, Dr Bob said:

Bad advice. They may blow away.

Is it your ecofan that is currently causing hot warm winds around Littleborough, just point it north towards Summit, there's a good chap. 

I'd have knocked on and asked you to do it in person, but no sign of life aboard.

I have become aware that @rusty69 is having serious issues with his Baby equaliser fan. That is the fan I use so this is a bit of a mystery. Rusty, you will need to give me some information on what is going wrong. Please review the following and let me know how yours is set up.

Have you connected to the 12V supply the right way?The black wire must go to the +ve. Failure to observe could result in a burnt out motor.

Have you released the brake fully. It is the little switch on the back panel, bottom left? It can get stuck part way.

Is your Smartgauge reading 100%? If so the voltage may be varying more than the fan speed regulator can handle.

Is your Smartgauge not reading 100%? You may require to check the calibration to ensure the power conduits are transferring power smoothly. These fans are pernickerty about power fluctuations and you dont want to overload the plasma feed to fan's heat exchanger.

Are you putting the fan on the top of the stove?

Is the stove on?

I am sure we will have it working by summer.

21 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I have become aware that @rusty69 is having serious issues with his Baby equaliser fan. That is the fan I use so this is a bit of a mystery. Rusty, you will need to give me some information on what is going wrong. Please review the following and let me know how yours is set up.

Have you connected to the 12V supply the right way?The black wire must go to the +ve. Failure to observe could result in a burnt out motor.

NO (I have a spare motor though,should I need it)

Have you released the brake fully. It is the little switch on the back panel, bottom left? It can get stuck part way.

YES

Is your Smartgauge reading 100%? If so the voltage may be varying more than the fan speed regulator can handle.

NO

Is your Smartgauge not reading 100%? You may require to check the calibration to ensure the power conduits are transferring power smoothly. These fans are pernickerty about power fluctuations and you dont want to overload the plasma feed to fan's heat exchanger.

DONE

Are you putting the fan on the top of the stove?

CLOSE

Is the stove on?

YES

I am sure we will have it working by summer.

YOU'LL HAVE TO RETRIEVE IT FROM MR SMELLY FIRST

I have added a pic to help you diagnose the problem @Dr Bob:

IMG_20180302_120758450.jpg

Edited by rusty69

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

I have added a pic to help you diagnose the problem @Dr Bob:

IMG_20180302_120758450.jpg

So your Smartgauge is not reading 100%. Well that could mean anything but likey it needs calibrating given the solar should be pushing in at least 30A today.

Your are meant to put your fan on the top of the stove, not on top of the impulse engines.......and btw, that bottle of dilithium on the bottom right looks a bit empty.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

So your Smartgauge is not reading 100%. Well that could mean anything but likey it needs calibrating given the solar should be pushing in at least 30A today.

Your are meant to put your fan on the top of the stove, not on top of the impulse engines.......and btw, that bottle of dilithium on the bottom right looks a bit empty.

Thanks Dr Bob. The SG is now at 100%, I have cleared the snow off the panels!

I've told Spotty to keep that bottle full!

Having spent a few seconds on the Brexit thread, I am now a bit worried about what the future holds for these fan thingies. We just dont have the information of how many are inported from either the Eu or outside the EU. My guess is we get more from China or the US. Surely therefore if we wave two fingers to Europe and walk away without a deal, we will be able to get these fans in with a net benefit to the users of said fans thus benefiting the whole of the boating community....well at least the ones with solid fuel stoves. Could ecofans (other fans are available) be the trigger to change government direction?

Radical idea coming up here. Didn't British Steel recently announce some big new investment plan? We could make ecofans in the UK, surely there's some firm up north that knows how. Carry them down the GU to London, fix one on top of each politician's head, and that'll disperse all the hot air they generate. Get them to stand facing north and that should melt any remaining ice on the canals. So many problems solved in one go.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Peter X said:

Radical idea coming up here. Didn't British Steel recently announce some big new investment plan? We could make ecofans in the UK, surely there's some firm up north that knows how. Carry them down the GU to London, fix one on top of each politician's head, and that'll disperse all the hot air they generate. Get them to stand facing north and that should melt any remaining ice on the canals. So many problems solved in one go.

you seriously believe that its possible to get a large number of politicians to pull in the same direction?  On anything?  Ever?

• Haha 1

Measururing the gale from an ecofan.... Swmbo's birthday t'other day, we had a helium balloon floating on a 2m string, about 3m from the stove, it was gently moving round in the air currents. If I CBA I would video it and move it round to different bits of the room, but because I know it works I CBA. The doubters will just have to prove it for themselves. Or carry on as they are, fingers in ears, eyes closed, singing lalalalalalalalala.

9 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Measururing the gale from an ecofan.... Swmbo's birthday t'other day, we had a helium balloon floating on a 2m string, about 3m from the stove, it was gently moving round in the air currents. If I CBA I would video it and move it round to different bits of the room, but because I know it works I CBA. The doubters will just have to prove it for themselves. Or carry on as they are, fingers in ears, eyes closed, singing lalalalalalalalala.

What did said balloon do without the fan’s gale?

8 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

The Spruce Goose only ever made one flight. It had a wingspan of 98 metres which made it a bloomin big aeroplane!! However after extensive research over the years its failure was put down to its power or lack of due to being fitted with eight Eco fans rather than conventional internal combustion engines.

• 2 weeks later...