Eco Fan

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

Aldi had a stove fan on special for £25 last Thursday.  I didn't announce it then 'cos I didn't want any CWDF members to be killed in the crush.

Mrsmelly say Polar Bears are very intelligent and they don't buy Aldi fans, so they can't be very good:P

OK I have now experienced how well the Eco Fan can move air. this will please Mrs,melly no end on several counts.

As many of you know I knot only have a fan but also a Dickinson diesel cooker to stand it on, My beloved always insists on turning the said cook down to tick over when we go to bed, this doesn't do much for the level of warmth in the galley lounge for when we get up in the morning. For those of you that have ever moored near us probably know that I often wander round when I get up in the nuddy. When entering the galley and passing the fast spinning eco fan the cooling effect on the naked torso is quite marked as it blows the now cool air of the galley around the boat. Not quite the desired effect but it does indicate the amount of air being moved.

4 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

OK I have now experienced how well the Eco Fan can move air. this will please Mrs,melly no end on several counts.

As many of you know I knot only have a fan but also a Dickinson diesel cooker to stand it on, My beloved always insists on turning the said cook down to tick over when we go to bed, this doesn't do much for the level of warmth in the galley lounge for when we get up in the morning. For those of you that have ever moored near us probably know that I often wander round when I get up in the nuddy. When entering the galley and passing the fast spinning eco fan the cooling effect on the naked torso is quite marked as it blows the now cool air of the galley around the boat. Not quite the desired effect but it does indicate the amount of air being moved.

Take care not to tangle your tackle in that spinning blade. You will be eunucherised. The heat will cauterise the wound anyway.

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I think I would try one out first to see how fast they go round. I'm very pro fans but only cause mine works and spins very fast. I think the bad reputation they get is that there are many cheap ecofan copies that are pretty useless. 

Right, I see.  I've got a log burner at home so will get one to try. If its fast its good then ;) .

28 minutes ago, Kinver Canopies said:

Right, I see.  I've got a log burner at home so will get one to try. If its fast its good then ;) .

Well, that plus does it actually shift any air while spinning ;)

33 minutes ago, Kinver Canopies said:

Good god, its a minefield!!!  Is there an Everest Windows feather test to see how much air is moving?  Anyone got a spare helicopter we can use as a marker!

Find a giant duck made out of some type of plastic,  its what that Bob chap has been using, apparently ;)

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Kinver Canopies said:

Good god, its a minefield!!!  Is there an Everest Windows feather test to see how much air is moving?  Anyone got a spare helicopter we can use as a marker!

Before you decide whether to go into the minefield of ecofans (other makes are available inc cheap chinese copies),  read through the 850 or so posts to this thread ( an irreverant look at them) or on the other thread

where I actually tried to put some scientific information. There is a paper done by Univ. of Waterloo, Cananda linked to earlier in the thread on the actual Ecofan (not the cheaper copies). I'd test it on a boat rather than in a house. I guess a load of the cheaper fans are a heap of rubbish.

Just bought myself an Aldi fan, for the boat. See how it compares to the ecofan at home. Cheap enough. Or stove is 3/4 down an open plan 20ft cabin, gets too hot at the end with the seats. So will try blowing the hit air towards stern, spread the heat around a bit, being some cool air back up the boat. 

Flat earthers bog off, it's clear you are deluded, true believers have heard your twaddle umpteen times.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Jim Riley said:

Just bought myself an Aldi fan, for the boat. See how it compares to the ecofan at home. Cheap enough. Or stove is 3/4 down an open plan 20ft cabin, gets too hot at the end with the seats. So will try blowing the hit air towards stern, spread the heat around a bit, being some cool air back up the boat. 

Flat earthers bog off, it's clear you are deluded, true believers have heard your twaddle umpteen times.

watch my lips..........................THEY DONT WORK.......................:)

Look we have evidenced all this clearly. Increased Eco fan use in the northern hemisphere caused a recent  heatwave here in southern Victoria. Fact. It's equalised out here now as the uk has got warmer in the last few days the temp here dropped 18 degrees, and your stoves died down

Fact aldi in Moe morwell and Traralgon the three towns in the Latrobe Valley where power used to be produced now have ample stocks of Eco fans as 'winter approaches' in the same way that on Boxing Day there were trays of hot cross buns

Fact clearly Kinver canopies have 'acquired ' some of the fans destined for victoria. 

If you buy them and prevent their relocation your summer will be cold as the maelstrom of hot air from Victorian woodstoves will be interrupted . You could cause global cooling. Fact.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

watch my lips..........................THEY DONT WORK.......................:)

Oh yes they do, I can see it with my own eyes. And feel the benefits when I wander round naked.

Be careful not to wander too near the edge of the world, lad. You might fall off. If you do could you count the turtles as you go by and let us know how many there are.

6 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Oh yes they do, I can see it with my own eyes. And feel the benefits when I wander round naked.

Be careful not to wander too near the edge of the world, lad. You might fall off. If you do could you count the turtles as you go by and let us know how many there are.

Is that a little bit of The colour of magic you're quoting?

1 hour ago, Kinver Canopies said:

Is that a little bit of The colour of magic you're quoting?

No.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_way_down

and was referred to here https://sites.google.com/site/qitranscripts/transcripts/1x02

But I already knew  about the quote, from the mists of time.

Edited by Jim Riley
cos I can

33 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

They Walk ,does that mean they have a Modicum of Energy after all?:D

Such a shame they do not move Air!

Yer they creep off the edge of my stove with vibration.

That's all it did really.

Ecofan = 7 bags of coal.

Edited by brassedoff

On 30/01/2018 at 14:07, Dr Bob said:

I think I would try one out first to see how fast they go round. I'm very pro fans but only cause mine works and spins very fast. I think the bad reputation they get is that there are many cheap ecofan copies that are pretty useless. 

The Genuine article is useless ,and not very Pretty.

Edited by cereal tiller
  • Haha 1