Boat moving cost

jocave

Featured Posts

Just after a rough idea of moving a 24ft boat by road from the Lancaster to closer to home ,possibly the Llangollen,Shropie,or Bridgewater, as I don't have a confirmed mooring/location yet I can't get an exact quote but just wondering a ball park figure??, the couple of companies I have asked for a quote to the Llangollen have yet to reply, I've never done this before so no idea of costs involved, any idea of a rough price or any recommended moving firms would be a great help..

10 minutes ago, jocave said:

Just after a rough idea of moving a 24ft boat by road from the Lancaster to closer to home ,possibly the Llangollen,Shropie,or Bridgewater, as I don't have a confirmed mooring/location yet I can't get an exact quote but just wondering a ball park figure??, the couple of companies I have asked for a quote to the Llangollen have yet to reply, I've never done this before so no idea of costs involved, any idea of a rough price or any recommended moving firms would be a great help..

Naughty Cals ya girl for this one.

4 minutes ago, Timx said:

5 to 7 hundred ball park. Depending on who you get to move it and how. Tony tug boat I would reccomend.

Thanks Tony was one who I emailed, im hoping wherever it ends up has a slipway or there is one not too far away to save on crane costs

47 minutes ago, jocave said:

Not sure of your distances, but I had a 22ft boat brought up, by road, to Glasgow from Peterborough and that was about £1k.

54 minutes ago, ronnietucker said:

Not sure of your distances, but I had a 22ft boat brought up, by road, to Glasgow from Peterborough and that was about £1k.

Blimey didn't think it would be that much, distance would be a lot less in my case though, was that slipways both ends?

1 hour ago, jocave said:

Blimey didn't think it would be that much, distance would be a lot less in my case though, was that slipways both ends?

Definitely, as Timx just wrote, try and get someone near the boat to do the moving. Mine was £1k as it was a loooong drive down from Glasgow and back.

There was a slipway at pickup, but on delivery, it was up on sticks for cleaning before a launch using a massive four-wheeled crane thing that looked like giant-sized meccano.

22 minutes ago, Timx said:

Ask around your area for slip way costs, as they could vary from £10 to £100, boat clubs may help you out at reduced rates in my experience.

Slip way at the home mooring is no problem, I'm two berths down from one and the marina has the facilities to lift the boat.

Where is your current mooring, just gathering info for a move to the Lancaster canal in a couple of years. 

The slipway charges for the marina at Ellesmere and the marina on the Prees branch were only about £10 last year 

Edited by rasputin

Try actually ringing Tony Tugboat! He is out and about most days. I couldn't get him by email either. He will also give an even better price if he can make your shift a part of another move. Cost me £350'ish to shift a 25 foot Hampton from Norfolk to Thorne which is in the region of 320 miles.

Edited by Mr Norman

23 hours ago, Mr Norman said:

Try actually ringing Tony Tugboat! He is out and about most days. I couldn't get him by email either. He will also give an even better price if he can make your shift a part of another move. Cost me £350'ish to shift a 25 foot Hampton from Norfolk to Thorne which is in the region of 320 miles.

Thanks ,all sorted now ,found someone that was recommended by the marina, he's doing it for £250 which is less than I was expecting so pretty happy with that..

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately not, pretty dissapointed that we didn't spend more time up there but the wife's health meant that we needed to move it closer to home, cheers for the offer and sorry I didn't get back to you to update you on the situation , it took almost 4 months to get a bss test ,after a disastrous failure and unable to get the guy back to check it again after the work was done..

7 minutes ago, jocave said:

Unfortunately not, pretty dissapointed that we didn't spend more time up there but the wife's health meant that we needed to move it closer to home, cheers for the offer and sorry I didn't get back to you to update you on the situation , it took almost 4 months to get a bss test ,after a disastrous failure and unable to get the guy back to check it again after the work was done..

No problem. You'll find those narrow locks on the Llangollen much easier and it's an equally beautiful canal (albeit a little busier!). Good luck.