The true license evaders

GoodGurl

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, carlt said:

Absolutely not!

If they want to find out where my boats are they can come and knock my door and I might even tell them.

I am legally obliged to SORN my cars when they are unlicensed, not my boats.

and bang goes more money which C&RT could spend on canal maintenance. Do you think they should go and knock on the door of everyone who doesn't relicense their boats?

haggis

• Greenie 2

1 minute ago, haggis said:

and bang goes more money which C&RT could spend on canal maintenance. Do you think they should go and knock on the door of everyone who doesn't relicense their boats?

haggis

Exactly, a two minute job, about the same time used as writing a post on a forum to say i am not going to do it.

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, haggis said:

haggis

Having had a boat seized and broken up despite constant attempts to maintain dialogue, pay licence and mooring fees and offer to remove said boat myself you'll excuse me if I fail to give a sh*t.

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

Exactly, a two minute job, about the same time used as writing a post on a forum to say i am not going to do it.

I guess we could save C&RT even more money and do away with the 'Boat-Spotters' completely if we all had trackers fitted, or phoned in every day with our new location - it would only take a couple of minutes.

59 minutes ago, haggis said:

haggis

Not sure what the solution is but i get the silly letter after i have taken my boat out the water for winter without informing cart. 

then have to go through the process of logging in, forgetting my password waiting for a new one to arrive trying to think up a new one cos it has to be 8 characters including capitals symbols and number that i know I won't remember etc, so my boat might be another one of the 7

1 hour ago, Mike Todd said:

More likely several days . . . 

Certainty not. For the last few winters we have had our boat ashore so not licenced. It took less then two minutes to fill out the online form on the CRT website. 

Same again when we came to relicence in Spring.

53 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I guess we could save C&RT even more money and do away with the 'Boat-Spotters' completely if we all had trackers fitted, or phoned in every day with our new location - it would only take a couple of minutes.

The more that people go out of their way to make certain aspects more difficult for CRT, then the closer we get to things like trackers becoming a reality. 

16 minutes ago, rasputin said:

Not sure what the solution is but i get the silly letter after i have taken my boat out the water for winter without informing cart. 

then have to go through the process of logging in, forgetting my password waiting for a new one to arrive trying to think up a new one cos it has to be 8 characters including capitals symbols and number that i know I won't remember etc, so my boat might be another one of the 7

Hardly CRT s fault you are forgetful!

3 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

The more that people go out of their way to make certain aspects more difficult for CRT, then the closer we get to things like trackers becoming a reality. 

They'll still have to come looking for me to get their non-functioning tracker back. 

On 17/11/2017 at 11:25, rasputin said:

Write your passwords down somewhere only you know about, just like everyone else!

7 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Hardly CRT s fault you are forgetful!

Yes it is, they insist on making me use a forgettable password, But as it is not a legal requirement they can swivel, much the same as the TV licencing people

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Write your passwords down somewhere only you know about, just like everyone else!

Not sure how secure that is.

4 minutes ago, rasputin said:

Yes it is, they insist on making me use a forgettable password, But as it is not a legal requirement they can swivel, much the same as the TV licencing people

Why does it need to be secure? All you are doing is licencing a boat or declaring it off the water. 

7 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Why does it need to be secure? All you are doing is licencing a boat or declaring it off the water. 

Exactly so why the silly password criteria 

But even more relevant is why I need to do it anyway.

Edited by rasputin

On 17/11/2017 at 11:49, rasputin said:

How do you remember all your other passwords? Go on admit it, you store them in writing somewhere I bet!

On 17/11/2017 at 12:00, rasputin said:

Exactly so why the silly password criteria 

It's to prevent random scallies logging in and licensing your boat unauthorised, obviously....