GRP Window Liners from Procast

steve_gts

Featured Posts

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience with ordering the grp window and porthole liners from Procast in Nottinghamshire? (specifically the liners, not their general chandlery, and not Wesley Marine Windows, who I know also make them)

I ordered a full set for my boat (5 window liners and 4 porthole liners) at a cost of well over £600 which, as you'd expect I had to pay on order.  I was told they would be approximately 2 weeks, as they make them to order.  After 3 weeks I started chasing and was given an excuse why they were late, I accepted it, but they still didn't show up, this has been an ongoing weekly farce ever since. 

I keep being told they will get some (or all) of them out that week, then the weekend comes and goes and I chase again.  So far I've received the 4 portholes, but one was warped and another damaged in transit, so I still only have 2 out of the 9 which I ordered over 2 months ago.

Has anyone else ordered their GRP liners and had the same problem?   I did try looking up reviews for the company before I ordered but couldn't find anything specifically related to the fibreglass window liners. Perhaps I should have asked here first :-/

Cheers,

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update incase someone finds this in the future.  They did eventually all turn up after 2 months of waiting and chasing, better packaged, although 2 more chipped corners on the main windows, but TBH I couldn't be bothered with the frustration of trying to get them changed (and potentially waiting another 2 months!) so I'll just have to try to patch them myself. 

The frames actually look really nice, but I'd suggest booking them well before you need them and probably picking them up in person if you buy some.

1 hour ago, steve_gts said:

Just a quick update incase someone finds this in the future.  

Well I don't know if 55 minutes into the future is quite what you had in mind, but thanks for the update Steve! I had half an eye on the GRP jobbies having seen them at Crick a while back, so your cautionary tale is a useful heads-up.

Edited by Sea Dog
Spellchecker changed my mucked up 'I don't' to 'identify'. Corrected manually.