Huawei Mifi with 2 aerial sockets??

Richard10002

Featured Posts

I'm going to give my father my current Huawei Mifi, (E5776s), which has one aerial connection and, because I have an external aerial with 2 connections, it seems to make sense to buy a new Mifi with 2 aerial inputs.

The latest Huawei Mifis with twin aerial inputs seem to be the E5786 at about £130, E5787 at about £180, and the E5788 at over £200.

Are there any older models which will do the job, which have twin aerial inputs, and which I'll probably be able to buy 2nd hand on ebay or similar? I'm sure I've seen some mention of them by people here over the years?

1 hour ago, Richard10002 said:
I'm going to give my father my current Huawei Mifi, (E5776s), which has one aerial connection and, because I have an external aerial with 2 connections, it seems to make sense to buy a new Mifi with 2 aerial inputs.

The latest Huawei Mifis with twin aerial inputs seem to be the E5786 at about £130, E5787 at about £180, and the E5788 at over £200.

Are there any older models which will do the job, which have twin aerial inputs, and which I'll probably be able to buy 2nd hand on ebay or similar? I'm sure I've seen some mention of them by people here over the years?

I have the E5573 mifi. It has two sockets. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=5573+dongle&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Edited by Nightwatch

On 11/11/2017 at 11:18, Richard10002 said:

We have a Huawei Mifi, 3 mobile WIFI-4332, It has 2 aerial sockets and came unlocked, cost about £85 about 3 years ago.

• 11 months later...

A question on Amazon about this elicits the following from the seller:

"On most models of the E5577 there's a "cover" near the USB plug to the right. This can be opened and should reveal 2 antenna ports. "

And this from the manufacturer:

"Dear Customer, 

Thank you for your interest in our products and for your inquiry. 

While all Huawei E5577 have an external antenna port, only particular devices made for some network providers could make use of them ( meaning that they are not active on most devices ). 

Best regards, 
Huawei Customer Care Team
 "

default._CR0,0,1024,1024_SX48_.png
HuaweiSupportTeam

Manufacturer · 02 August 2018

31 minutes ago, Boredrider said:

A question on Amazon about this elicits the following from the seller:

"On most models of the E5577 there's a "cover" near the USB plug to the right. This can be opened and should reveal 2 antenna ports. "

And this from the manufacturer:

"Dear Customer, 

Thank you for your interest in our products and for your inquiry. 

While all Huawei E5577 have an external antenna port, only particular devices made for some network providers could make use of them ( meaning that they are not active on most devices ). 

Best regards, 
Huawei Customer Care Team
 "

default._CR0,0,1024,1024_SX48_.png
HuaweiSupportTeam

Manufacturer · 02 August 2018

Yes I rung them today as want to buy one of these and they have told me that none of their models have external antenna ports which is totally bizarre as we know there is, now not sure what to do and which model to get ...

A lot of these mobile broadband mifi's have mickey mouse aerial connectors imo. I have one, they are really delicate. Ok if it is permanently installed, and held in place with a bit of tape.

I was using them in data cards, and then mifi units before eventually buying a proper router with more substantial aerial connectors on. If you rely on an internet connection , get a good setup.

31 minutes ago, pearley said:

My E5577C has 2 TS9 antenna sockets. £70 from eBay unlocked. Was originally made for Orange. 

Cheers for that have just got one off of ebay cheaper that the others and does the job just what we need thanks for giving me the model number 

right then I am totally confused now so it looks like the max you can get is 50 gb data only sim so the all you can eat data sims are useless in these huwaei mifis a bit confused as I thought a lot of people were using the all you can eat data sims maybe it is tethering 

44 minutes ago, Peter009 said:

right then I am totally confused now so it looks like the max you can get is 50 gb data only sim so the all you can eat data sims are useless in these huwaei mifis a bit confused as I thought a lot of people were using the all you can eat data sims maybe it is tethering 

Have just rung 3 to clear this up they have confirmed that within the last 4 weeks it has changed so all sims including sims with minutes and text can be used in mifi devices with no restrictions so this is excellent am going that way with unlimited data  Looks like this has only just changed to become available so might be that people are not aware of that yet 

4 minutes ago, Peter009 said:

Have just rung 3 to clear this up they have confirmed that within the last 4 weeks it has changed so all sims including sims with minutes and text can be used in mifi devices with no restrictions so this is excellent am going that way with unlimited data  Looks like this has only just changed to become available so might be that people are not aware of that yet 

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, b0atman said:

What external aerial is recommended ?

I have removed cover and have two TS9  male connectors on my B310s-22 homefi.

I use this low gain omni. Though you will need an SMA to TS9 adapter or two.Available at solwise or Amazon.Got mine off ebay. 

ETA,There is a bit worth reading on the solwise website regarding selecting Omni or directional

https://www.solwise.co.uk/omni-or-directional

4g-xpol-a0001-1.jpg

Edited by rusty69