Scottish canals doing well ????

haggis

Featured Posts

This morning an article telling is how well the Scottish canals are doing appeared on narrowboatworld but it is full of inaccuracies. It doesn't say who wrote it but it must have been one of the top brass in Scottish canals as I don't think anyone else believes that our canals are doing well.   

Haggis

30 minutes ago, haggis said:

This morning an article telling is how well the Scottish canals are doing appeared on narrowboatworld but it is full of inaccuracies. It doesn't say who wrote it but it must have been one of the top brass in Scottish canals as I don't think anyone else believes that our canals are doing well.   

Haggis

Isnt there talk of having to close the wheel, or have I dreamt that?

43 minutes ago, MJG said:

I believe NBW used their considerable expertise to extrapolate a mountain from a molehill.

By Scottish Canals22 MARCH 2017
Categories
Boating

News

Scottish Canals has been considering how we can offer more opportunities for visitors to experience The Falkirk Wheel, in particular those who don’t have time to take a boat trip up on to the Union Canal.

Our plans are still at an early design stage and we are currently in the process of carrying out a full design review of this project. Once this has progressed enough, we will let our customers and stakeholders know. The early concept is for a floating, non-fixed platform for use at different times of the year that accommodates boat movements.

If the project is progressed, Rotate will not change the nature of The Falkirk Wheel or prevent the navigation of the Lowland Canals. The biggest impact of Rotate is likely to be that we ask boating customers to follow the booking procedure which already exists but isn’t always adhered to.

Should the review flag up more major impacts, we will ask for customer feedback before making a decision.

Edited by carlt

45 minutes ago, MJG said:

Fortunately, ROTATE has been put on hold. While the Wheel  would still have taken boats up and down, with one caisson filled with the ROTATE thing, only one caisson would have been available and with the Wheel trip boats operating this would have had a severe impact on wide beam boats, particularly the Seagull Trust ones based near there. For the moment, common sense has prevailed :-) 

haggis