Google Earth Canal & River Map. (Canalmaponline)

Chris Lowe

Featured Posts

Sorry - but lol:

Driffield Navigation

Driffield Navigation Victoria Dock Branch

Position 53.74456,-0.32694

Nope - that wasn't a thing... There was connection for the Victoria Dock to the River Hull, and also Queens Docks all the way back around to the Humber forming an island. Not sure if you want to include the old docks, but I wouldn't bother as it wasn't a navigation.

The Frodingham Beck did continue up to Foston Mill, however I believe it was a private navigation.

Good map though. keep up the great work.

Edited by mykaskin

37 minutes ago, mykaskin said:

There was connection for the Victoria Dock to the River Hull, and also Queens Docks all the way back around to the Humber forming an island. Not sure if you want to include the old docks, but I wouldn't bother as it wasn't a navigation.

I'll add all this when I update this area.

• 2 weeks later...

Worcester & Birmingham canal & Stratford canal now done, I'm now adding the the locks, bridges and other features to the Shropshire Union canal, this is going to take a while with the Shrewsbury canal and all the tub boat canals around Telford.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, Ogwr said:

Congratulations. magnificent piece of work. I am grateful you found the time to d this .

I have loads more to do this will be an ongoing project for years particulaly as @Heartland keeps mentioning in other posts obscure canals that I've never heard off.

On 21/12/2021 at 13:08, Heartland said:

Yes it is a massive task

Have your looked at the four locks for the Foxyards Canal or the two at Bradley Marr, both private links with the BCN

Have you got a map showing these two as I can't find them on any map, I can see the rough locations.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Driffield Navigation now updated.

image.png.057142fe85f8f35057565b87285b23b8.png

Lancaster canal updated

image.png.5dc189cc6e447819889cf5e10d35879b.png

Also some minor tweaks on the Wilts & Berks Canal.

Next update soon will be the Melton Mowray Navigation & the Oakham canal, followed by the Hereford & Gloucester canal.

I'll move on to Scottisand canals soon, followed by Wales when that lot is updated it's start all over agina to update the river navigations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 04/11/2017 at 16:06, buccaneer66 said:

if anyone spots any omissions or errors please let me know.

An interesting project and a lot of work!

Not sure whether you want spelling mistakes pointing out, but the pop-up for the Stour in Kent says "Rive"

2 hours ago, Bacchus said:

An interesting project and a lot of work!

Not sure whether you want spelling mistakes pointing out, but the pop-up for the Stour in Kent says "Rive"

thanks I'll fix that later, I'm updating canals at the moment ten I'll sort the rivers

Any mistakes please let me know

• Greenie 1