STAFF WANTED FOR OXFORDSHIRE NARROWBOATS

OXNB

Featured Posts

Receptionist wanted with good administration, computer and customer service skills for busy boatyard and shop.  Flexible days/hours, to include weekend work, starting in the New Year.  Training will be given.  Pay according to experience.

Boat cleaners and handover/show through staff needed from February onwards.

Please apply to Phil Holman, Oxfordshire Narrowboats, 01869 340348 or by email to bookings@oxfordshire-narrowboats.co.uk.

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 15:47, OXNB said:

Receptionist wanted with good administration, computer and customer service skills for busy boatyard and shop.  Flexible days/hours, to include weekend work, starting in the New Year.  Training will be given.  Pay according to experience.

Boat cleaners and handover/show through staff needed from February onwards.

Please apply to Phil Holman, Oxfordshire Narrowboats, 01869 340348 or by email to bookings@oxfordshire-narrowboats.co.uk.

Keep bumping it Nutty like this so it stays on top of list :D

Additional required qualifications are an ability to deal with hordes of single sex young inebriated groups of “pirates”, and an equal ability to fob off members of the public complaining about their subsequent antisocial antics.

Edited by nicknorman
  • Haha 1

I wish I had spotted this on Friday before going through the, now closed, Braunston locks. I discussed this with Tim when he posted it earlier this year. I will have to have a chat with the Better half in the morning because I am definitely interested.

3 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Additional required qualifications are an ability to deal with hordes of single sex young inebriated groups of “pirates”, and an equal ability to fob off members of the public complaining about their subsequent antisocial antics.

All part and parcel of running a business in the Recreation/Service Sectors.

Sensible Hoteliers, Publicans and so forth have earned a crust doing much the same thing for Centuries.

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 01:08, Bewildered said:

I wish I had spotted this on Friday before going through the, now closed, Braunston locks. I discussed this with Tim when he posted it earlier this year. I will have to have a chat with the Better half in the morning because I am definitely interested.

Any advice you need on whats REALY entailed just pm me. Its a nice place both for the work and the cruising area.

3 minutes ago, Goliath said:

The beer's expensive down there, do the wages allow for it? :)

This is a very pertinent point and a very good question. I like sensible questions relating to one of lifes most important subjects :D Being honest I have to say that NO the wages don't realy allow for it.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

This is a very pertinent point and a very good question. I like sensible questions relating to one of lifes most important subjects :D Being honest I have to say that NO the wages don't realy allow for it.

Shame that is. Lovely down that way. 

I'll stay up here for now then, at £2 a pint. :)

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Just as well I only want the work for beer tokens, should hopefully get by if wages aren't wasted on food and stuff

2 hours ago, Goliath said:

Shame that is. Lovely down that way. 

I'll stay up here for now then, at £2 a pint. :)

Yes I am finding it hard getting used to the pubs in alrewas, Fradley, Branston etc etc giving the beer and wine away god only knows why they bother they may as well close as sell at these prices. Hey ho it will make my pittance of an income go further I may even buy some food :o

1 hour ago, Bewildered said:

Just as well I only want the work for beer tokens, should hopefully get by if wages aren't wasted on food and stuff

Always ensure you put the shopping away not the missus then you can fill the fridge with your beer rather than wasting the space on food and suchlike.

• Greenie 1

20 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Yes I am finding it hard getting used to the pubs in alrewas, Fradley, Branston etc etc giving the beer and wine away god only knows why they bother they may as well close as sell at these prices. Hey ho it will make my pittance of an income go further I may even buy some food :o

Always ensure you put the shopping away not the missus then you can fill the fridge with your beer rather than wasting the space on food and suchlike.

Cheaper beer means I can afford the luxuries of a good butcher and Alrewas has close to the best. 

On 05/11/2017 at 22:47, nicknorman said:

Such a cynic ;-)

8 hours ago, Dave Payne said:

£5 for a pint of doombar in the summer down that way..

Ill take my own next time.

You would have to pay me that to drink Gloombar.

ETA Oops. Looks I'm repeating what has already been said. Just back from t'pub. Beer (Exmoor Gold, Island Earls RDA) £3.50 per pint.

Edited by Victor Vectis
Not having read subsequent posts.