STAFF WANTED FOR OXFORDSHIRE NARROWBOATS

OXNB

Featured Posts

On 07/11/2017 at 17:33, mrsmelly said:

Always ensure you put the shopping away not the missus then you can fill the fridge with your beer rather than wasting the space on food and suchlike.

OMG you can be such a disappointment with a comment like this sometimes. Beer doesn't go in the fridge. 

Only l*ger goes in the fridge, which isn't proper beer at all, as any fule kno.   :judge:

Edit to self-moderate.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

10 hours ago, Victor Vectis said:

You would have to pay me that to drink Gloombar.

ETA Oops. Looks I'm repeating what has already been said. Just back from t'pub. Beer (Exmoor Gold, Island Earls RDA) £3.50 per pint.

The Punk IPA was also £5, but not as bad as £6 for 330ml on a flight last year!

4 hours ago, Dave Payne said:

The Punk IPA was also £5, but not as bad as £6 for 330ml on a flight last year!

George and dragon Alrewas tonite. Pedigree £2.25 pint........ok ok its not the greatest beer in the world but!!!

13 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

OMG you can be such a disappointment with a comment like this sometimes. Beer doesn't go in the fridge. 

Only l*ger goes in the fridge, which isn't proper beer at all, as any fule kno.   :judge:

Edit to self-moderate.

yes I know I know..............but I drink my beer cold and my cider and my wheat beer all of which is int fridge. The last lager I had on here was thrown away when it went out of date, I had bought it thinking my daughters bloke was a lager swilling girlie and it turned out he drinks grown ups beer so its gone out of date and been binned.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

George and dragon Alrewas tonite. Pedigree £2.25 pint........ok ok its not the greatest beer in the world but!!!

yes I know I know..............but I drink my beer cold and my cider and my wheat beer all of which is int fridge. The last lager I had on here was thrown away when it went out of date, I had bought it thinking my daughters bloke was a lager swilling girlie and it turned out he drinks grown ups beer so its gone out of date and been binned.

I was last in the George and Dragon back in April. It had just been taken over, are they making a good go of it? From the gossip I heard, I didn't think the locals had took to the new landlord/manager.   

And I liked the William with a decent range of beer and cider, some under £3. 

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

I was last in the George and Dragon back in April. It had just been taken over, are they making a good go of it? From the gossip I heard, I didn't think the locals had took to the new landlord/manager.   

And I liked the William with a decent range of beer and cider, some under £3. 

Seems good now. I havnt heard how the latest incumbent is thought of but so far so good. Lots of deals on different days to entice the locals methinks but that often doesn't bode well long term. We shall see.