Drones

Nobag

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Murflynn said:

since when was identifying charge evaders and contract breakers associated with 'commercial gain'?  ......   or are you one of the non-compliers who believe that avoiding financial loss caused by fraudsters and cheats is the same thing as obtaining commercial gain?

from where did you get your second italicised sentence?

Second sentane common sense. If they catch you non licensed fine you = commercial gain. Simples. 

And yes I pay my license early every year. 

This comes from a drone flyer and one that will be getting his commercial permissions  license next year. 

I think people need to stop think and take stock before accusing people of things. 

Edited by rustydiver

2 hours ago, rustydiver said:

Second sentane common sense. If they catch you non licensed fine you = commercial gain. Simples. 

I think people need to stop think and take stock before accusing people of things. 

you've missed the point, please read what you said and tell me your source for this information.    I'll make my comment again, more clearly perhaps: it is not 'commercial gain' to try to prevent your customers from defrauding you. 

you haven't been accused, only questioned. .............................  however, if the cap fits, then wear it.  B)

Edited by Murflynn

8 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

And there was me thinking it was said as a joke :-( 

I'm puzzled now. Why would it be a joke? I meant my question in all seriousness. 

Can YOU explain how flying a drone helps stop license evasion any more effectively than a licence checker on foot or on a bike??

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm puzzled now. Why would it be a joke? I meant my question in all seriousness. 

Can YOU explain how flying a drone helps stop license evasion any more effectively than a licence checker on foot or on a bike??

I can't and I though the suggestion that was what they were doing was a joke.

12 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oh I see!!

Crossed wires. Sorry.

That's OK, its like people chatting in a pub, you go to the loo and come back carrying on talking where you left off, all the others have moved on and can't work out what you on about.

44 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

That's OK, its like people chatting in a pub, you go to the loo and come back carrying on talking where you left off, all the others have moved on and can't work out what you on about.

No that's crossed legs, surely?

2 hours ago, Murflynn said:

you've missed the point, please read what you said and tell me your source for this information.    I'll make my comment again, more clearly perhaps: it is not 'commercial gain' to try to prevent your customers from defrauding you. 

you haven't been accused, only questioned. .............................  however, if the cap fits, then wear it.  B)

No source just my understanding which is usually wrong. 

As a company trying to recoup lost revenue. Any revenue recouped would be a gain in the eyes off the caa  

At the moment I can't even swap a photo for a beer it's classed as commercial gain. 

personaly I can't see what use a drone would be for license checking if that's what they was doing. Would have to be a good camera to catch it. 

On the g&s canal they do regular checks on bike and you get marked down on every bridge you go through 

Edited by rustydiver

2 hours ago, rustydiver said:

No source just my understanding which is usually wrong. 

As a company trying to recoup lost revenue. Any revenue recouped would be a gain in the eyes off the caa  

At the moment I can't even swap a photo for a beer it's classed as commercial gain. 

personaly I can't see what use a drone would be for license checking if that's what they was doing. Would have to be a good camera to catch it. 

On the g&s canal they do regular checks on bike and you get marked down on every bridge you go through 

whatever :banghead: