Drones

Nobag

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Nobag said:

See that C&RT have a new toy. They were flying one over our moorings this morning on the G&S hovering over each boat?.

Probably checking that licences are properly displayed and recoding how long each boat has been moored. Next step will be video evidence against overstayers. :P

4 hours ago, cuthound said:

Probably checking that licences are properly displayed and recoding how long each boat has been moored. Next step will be video evidence against overstayers. :P

Thats a good idea so they should

They are probably testing the device to issue the £150 "OVERSTAY CHARGES" they are threatening if you moor on a LTM for 5 minutes.

5 hours ago, nicknorman said:

I wonder if they had CAA permission, otherwise they were breaking the law? (article 95 2(c))

FDEB4FA3-50D6-436F-A5BC-73535D8CC049.png.8dd237409891858c122acd8c53c2a41c.png

You do get very boring with your hate of drones Nick.

But they need to have permissions if they make any commercial gain out of it.That includes any form of surveying, licence checking etc.

Not even the CRT would be daft enough to fly without permissions.

Brave person to fly over water, I hate flying over water it plays havoc with the sensors and sometimes lulls the craft into thinking its at the wrong height. Tats why i doable all downward sensors while overt the water.

50 minutes ago, matty40s said:

They are probably testing the device to issue the £150 "OVERSTAY CHARGES" they are threatening if you moor on a LTM for 5 minutes.

You do get very boring with your hate of drones Nick.

I don’t hate drones. I nearly bought one. But then I discovered how difficult it was to use one and stay within the law, so I decided not to bother.

22 minutes ago, Martin Megson said:

The 50 meter rule includes vertical so as long as it's over 50 meter above the vessel or building it's legal.

True, but 164’ is quite high. For example, the pontcycllte is only 121’ above the Dee.

10 hours ago, nicknorman said:

I don’t hate drones. I nearly bought one. But then I discovered how difficult it was to use one and stay within the law, so I decided not to bother.

True, but 164’ is quite high. For example, the pontcycllte is only 121’ above the Dee.

A fair point :)

11 hours ago, rustydiver said:

But they need to have permissions if they make any commercial gain out of it.That includes any form of surveying, licence checking etc.

since when was identifying charge evaders and contract breakers associated with 'commercial gain'?  ......   or are you one of the non-compliers who believe that avoiding financial loss caused by fraudsters and cheats is the same thing as obtaining commercial gain?

from where did you get your second italicised sentence?

Edited by Murflynn