Tripadvisor

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

I don't like tripadvisor as its very one sided and any plonker can print anything they want even if they havnt been to whatever establishment it is. However this is my tripadvisor report re Vlocckies. In the last few days done Claydon and Hillmorton flights both times with vlockies in attendance, first class service thanks peeps.

30 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I don't like tripadvisor as its very one sided and any plonker can print anything they want even if they havnt been to whatever establishment it is. However this is my tripadvisor report re Vlocckies. In the last few days done Claydon and Hillmorton flights both times with vlockies in attendance, first class service thanks peeps.

Good to hear of volockies on the Claydon flight, when I saw it at the weekend someone had almost drained the pound between the two bottom locks.

8 minutes ago, Tunnelman51 said:

Good to hear of volockies on the Claydon flight, when I saw it at the weekend someone had almost drained the pound between the two bottom locks.

Yes it was very bad when we went along it.

Oh forgot to mention very nice volunteer at Fradley at the weekend also. Strange innitt that I put a post on stating a good job being done and as always gets less posts than the usual whinging about volunteers or CART which always attract lots of moans. Credit where credit is due.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Oh forgot to mention very nice volunteer at Fradley at the weekend also. Strange innitt that I put a post on stating a good job being done and as always gets less posts than the usual whinging about volunteers or CART which always attract lots of moans. Credit where credit is due.

I suppose you just basically expect people to do their jobs properly. You thank them and move on.  It's when they don't do it right that it needs mentioning.  Seems a bit unfair but that's the way it is...

15 minutes ago, Tonka said:

We found 2 brilliant Vlockies at Bosley Locks on the Macclesfield recently. They set the whole flight for us from the top to the bottom

We had 2 good ones there and one who didn't have a clue, couldn't understand why Diana was drawing the bottom paddles, couldn't grasp that the lock had filled by a foot since the last boat went down

Glad you found them helpful, I was not amused this year to be going up Hatton followed by a pair of hire boats who had a total of 8 adult/teenage aboard and the help of two Vlockies. Both hirers had hired many times before when we came across thm in the pub that evening. It seems the Hatton  Vlockies  have been told to concentrate on hire boats. Private boats with 2 pensions don't need help, even when pushed by a pair with 10 able bodies, non of whom offered to help either but Hey Hoy that is life. 

4 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

It is always the same, do your job and do it well and people will leave happy, make a mistake or in fact give someone the answer they dont want to hear (however correct that answer is), and out comes facebook, the ranty email and complaints to the local rag/forum.

3 hours ago, Tonka said:

We found 2 brilliant Vlockies at Bosley Locks on the Macclesfield recently. They set the whole flight for us from the top to the bottom

Well that makes a change.  Last time I was there single handing, they watched me all the way up, one of them walking past every now and then, and finally when I got to the top and they actually opened a gate for me, gave me a bollocking for my locking technique!

As one of the 'plonkers' who posts quite often on Tripadvisor, I have to say that I find it useful. I would think that at least 3/4 of my reviews are praise & I have had many people who have found my reviews helpful. If I am going to a strange hotel, I always check the reviews to get a 'feel' for the place. I think that the vast majority of reviews are fair, although you are always going to get a few people with an axe to grind.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Midnight Rider said:

As one of the 'plonkers' who posts quite often on Tripadvisor, I have to say that I find it useful. I would think that at least 3/4 of my reviews are praise & I have had many people who have found my reviews helpful. If I am going to a strange hotel, I always check the reviews to get a 'feel' for the place. I think that the vast majority of reviews are fair, although you are always going to get a few people with an axe to grind.

I have only ever left one bad review, My general rule is if its good praise it, if its so so I say nothing

22 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I have only ever left one bad review, My general rule is if its good praise it, if its so so I say nothing

Yes I leave reviews on it but have never left a bad one even though one particular place was crap, not every body that posts on tripadvisor are plonkers but some are. At my place we made a conscious decision to never answer any reviews good or bad as they realy don't count. Of our I think 50 ish reviews the worst we have got is average most are very good or excellent but I still will never rate tripadvisor as its too easy for anyone to print whatever they want without ever even having been in the same country never mind establishment.

2 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Well that makes a change.  Last time I was there single handing, they watched me all the way up, one of them walking past every now and then, and finally when I got to the top and they actually opened a gate for me, gave me a bollocking for my locking technique!

Are you not very good at locking then???

On 10/25/2017 at 19:46, Tunnelman51 said:

Probably this was a warm and sunny weekend with barely a cloud in the sky.

Never a volly around when I'm doing a flight in the slashing rain and it's getting dark and I actually need some help.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
  • Happy 1

11 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Never a volly around when I'm doing a flight in the slashing rain and it's getting dark and I actually need some help.

This is of course very very true.

13 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

That why I take Mrs Hound canalling. :)

• Greenie 1