Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Peter X

Obscure connections to celebrities

Featured Posts

Inspired by Debbiem, I'm starting a topic in which I hope we can share our links to famous people, the more tenuous the better. Definitely not anyone you've actually met! Here's mine:

My sister once dated Tommy Cooper's gardener for a while in about 1974.

I went to college with  Chris Rea' s twin brothers. And heard his demo tapes.

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Ricky Parfitt of Status Quo was once in the same pub as me. 

Status Quo once played in our local pub, well after they were very famous.

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Point of order.

If he had "twin brothers" (plural), that would have made them triplets at least...

No he was/is the older brother.

The other two are twins.

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

R I C

Puts me in mind of the bloke who couldn't figure out why his sisters had three brothers, but he only had two...

Fab.

Moving on, I once nearly got Mike Smith's Autograph at Alton Towers, but he seemed distracted.

Many years ago we visited the pub at the portal of the tunnel on the cotswolds canal which is under restoration? The name, It has a visitors book, the visitor previous to us was Noel Edmonds .

I had an argument in the 1970's with Chris Tarrant when he was a DJ for Capital radio. We were holding a RT charity Donkey Derby in the middle of a big field and had booked the Capital Radio Fun bus, an old LT double decker all painted up and rigged out for playing music with huge speakers built into its sides. Tarrant was the boss and DJ of it. When it arrived he asked where the mains electricty supply socket was, so I brought him and old mains wall socket which I happened to have in my van. Here's a socket, I said but the electricity for it is a mile over there at the Civic centre and its closed on Sundays I told him. He started going bonkers and roaring at and blaming me. I told him that surely an outfit like that charging a sunstantial amount of money should have their own generator or have a mains generator on the buses engine like fairground folk do. After all the cost of it was £500 for the afternoon. I had to go home for my small Honda generator which only just did the job at severely restricted volume. I managed to get a substantial discount.

My in laws lived two doors up from Paul Daniels.

2 minutes ago, bizzard said:

I had an argument in the 1970's with Chris Tarrant when he was a DJ for Capital radio. We were holding a RT charity Donkey Derby in the middle of a big field and had booked the Capital Radio Fun bus, an old LT double decker all painted up and rigged out for playing music with huge speakers built into its sides. Tarrant was the boss and DJ of it. When it arrived he asked where the mains electricty supply socket was, so I brought him and old mains wall socket which I happened to have in my van. Here's a socket, I said but the electricity for it is a mile over there at the Civic centre and its closed on Sundays I told him. He started going bonkers and roaring at and blaming me. I told him that surely an outfit like that charging a sunstantial amount of money should have their own generator or have a mains generator on the buses engine like fairground folk do. After all the cost of it was £500 for the afternoon. I had to go home for my small Honda generator which only just did the job at severely restricted volume. I managed to get a substantial discount.

Doesn't count, you actually met him.

I share a birthday with Noel Edmonds and a name with a former England cricket captain. Oh, and I once interviewed BB King, who seemed very impressed with me, and Bo Diddley, who seemed less so (though he wasn't the type to be impressed by anybody).

I am told Windsor Davies lives at the top of my road and John Barnes the footballer used to live at the bottom of my road.

I used to live in a flat above a good boxer called Boza Edwards.

Previously used to live in same street as Alec Stewart the England cricketer.

Edited by mark99

1 minute ago, Graham and Jo said:

My brother's ex-secretary's daughter was once Rod Stewart's girlfriend.

Cheers Graham

Blond?  ;)

Some Aston Villa footballer bought the house opposite ours, he still owns it now being a ex-footballer.  Not being into football I have no idea who he is, but he is very friendly.

How's this for obscure.

My wife has a friend who once met someone who claimed to have mowed Ernie Wise's lawn during "bob a job" week.

Apparently Mr Wise was very nice and let all the boy scouts choose an ice cream each from his freezer.  (The story stuck because famously Eric Morecambe used to joke about Ernie's meanness). 

• Greenie 1

My best friend's cousin got her Duke of Edinburgh award from Prince Philip (that was in the late 60's)

Oh, and a girlfriend and I went to the nightclub owned by Jasper Carrot once.

Edited by Ratkatcher
second bit...

54 minutes ago, Martin Megson said:

I drove David Jason in my taxi many years ago.

He stole my motorbike! A Norton Commando, no less.

Well, I was convinced Del Boy had but in the end neither of them did it.

It's a long story.

Sign in to follow this