Lister JP Reduction Box

Admiral

Featured Posts

Hi

Looking to obtain a Lister reduction for a Lister JP

Specifically a 3:1. I am prepared to buy or can part exchange a 2:1 in good working order..

Anyone got one?

Is is the 3r reduction not the 2r that is commonly found on the H series (HA,HB,HR)

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/10/2017 at 20:20, Admiral said:

Looking to obtain a Lister reduction for a Lister JP

Specifically a 3:1. I am prepared to buy or can part exchange a 2:1 in good working order..

Hi Admiral,

We might be able to do the swap you're looking for. We are currently stripping down a 1952 JP3M that came with a 3R box on it, but the one in our boat is a 2R, so a spare for that would suit us better.

See photos below. The engine was supposedly taken out of a barge in running condition a few years ago. We haven't found anything that suggests otherwise, but we bought it as-is and are stripping down to check everything properly. We haven't had the box off the engine yet but that's probably one of the next jobs.

We're in east London. PM me if you're interested.

DSC_5619.embedded.jpg.032fcdae5db08d3f84c539e2b9f051d1.jpg

DSC_5616.embedded.jpg.fd6bc79b0fc048e5f9fbaa191210c8cc.jpg

DSC_5626.embedded.jpg.79b4be484b12cbc3d1160a4e53e03190.jpg

Sorry, I think I have got this wrong. I thought the 2R and 3R were the 2:1 and 3:1 versions but I see now that all JP reduction boxes are 3R regardless of ratio. So I'm not sure if this one is a 3:1 or 2:1 now. Unless someone can tell from the photos, I'll turn it over to check.