BMC 2.2 Raw Water Pipes

Darrenroberts

Featured Posts

Hi everyone, iam looking for some advice regarding my raw water cooled 2.2 ltr BMC plumbing. Now i currently have plastic polly pipes connecting my engine to the calorifier. Iam currently re plumbing the boat and am working on the calorifier so i wondered whilst iam there could i re pipe the engine in copper or would the vibrations from the engine running cause me problems for soldered joints. all opinions welcome. cheers. Darren

1 hour ago, Darrenroberts said:

Hi everyone, iam looking for some advice regarding my raw water cooled 2.2 ltr BMC plumbing. Now i currently have plastic polly pipes connecting my engine to the calorifier. Iam currently re plumbing the boat and am working on the calorifier so i wondered whilst iam there could i re pipe the engine in copper or would the vibrations from the engine running cause me problems for soldered joints. all opinions welcome. cheers. Darren

Use Rubber Vehicle Heater hose to to connect to Cylinder Head outlet then convert to Plastic a couple of Feet away from the Engine.

Your Calorifier return Would usually connect to a Rubber Elbow between the Water Pump inlet and Skin Tank, this Hose usually has a  15 mm I.D. Branch  when can be extended out to a 15 mm Copper Tube Stub which will receive your Plastic return from Calorifier.

E.T.A. your Engine is Indirect Heat Exchanger cooled?you refer to RAW Water Pipes

Edited by cereal tiller