Hit and run

Pie Eater

Featured Posts

I don't know what planet a lot of you are on, you may have a similar view of the  boat, POS and that's "Pile of Shit" to the clueless modder(LOL)  but if this deaf old French man, that is not too nice by all accounts did this to my boat, he would be getting punched, maybe he is playing on the symphony of older boaters( oohlala, no speak English, What, What) he needs to run into the younger generation who take no sh*t, Sorry but he need to be put in the picture and it's sImple as that, or he will damage more boats(maybe yours) 

36 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

I don't know what planet a lot of you are on, you may have a similar view of the  boat, POS and that's "Pile of Shit" to the clueless modder(LOL)  but if this deaf old French man, that is not too nice by all accounts did this to my boat, he would be getting punched, maybe he is playing on the symphony of older boaters( oohlala, no speak English, What, What) he needs to run into the younger generation who take no sh*t, Sorry but he need to be put in the picture and it's sImple as that, or he will damage more boats(maybe yours) 

Without going into your need for anger management, I don't think he is a Frenchman. 

• Greenie 1

On 23/10/2017 at 22:31, PD1964 said:

I quite agree. For the record as most posters seem to have misunderstood me, I was objecting to the damage being described as "horrendous", not the POS boater's behaviour which definitely IS horrendous. 

The damage is nothing of the sort, it is trivial in my opinion. I'll find some photos of boats with 'horrendous' damage for comparison if anyone disagrees with me if necessary. 

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

14 hours ago, sharpness said:

Was I the only one who thought it was a typo for pot, as in yoghurt?

A very sharp observation, indeed it could have been!

14 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

No need to amend. The comment was taken exactly as intended, as, I hope, was mine. As referendums seem to be de rigeur these days, perhaps we should have one on  Latinised plurals?  I'm sure the public will be just as well informed on the subject as they were in the last one.

They may even think that it should be referenda.

Edited by Athy

9 hours ago, PD1964 said:

Flattery will get you....not very far in this instance. But I symphonise with your point of view.

11 hours ago, David Mack said:

I think 'Anglicized' is the Americanised form!

Shouldn’t that be Americanized?

Edited by WotEver
Forum software considered that I wished to repeat myself. I disagreed.

11 hours ago, ianali said:

Without going into your need for anger management, I don't think he is a Frenchman. 

From what we've been told, he's a Scouser pretending to be non-comprendez French to avoid arguments.

My late lamented brother was Tyneside born and bred but spent much of his life in Germany. When he visited me in his German plated car, he found it very effective to respond to remonstrating parking wardens and the like with "Bitte?" It helped that he was blond and 6' 3"", mind.

• Love 1

When the whole of the posted images are looked at on Ian and Irene's blogspot it appears the cruiser was in difficulty and had run aground on the offside of the canal. This rather shabbily painted craft received help from a passing narrow boat who threw a rope to the steerer in order to assist. The cruiser was pulled back into the channel but it would appear the steerer had little control, whether through wind factors, engine difficulties or simply a lack of experience. The damage caused to the moored narrowboat, should be down however to the cruiser owner to put right, I believe, and as the name is clearly visible on the blog page, I would assume that this craft is traceable and a claim from the owner for repair costs possible.

Laying on the settee reading this thread when boat rocks back and forward ,so I look out of window to see who is going so fast and it's that boat ,"Dawn chorus," going full tilt with a following wave heading towards Alvecote marina from Polesworth, he is flying along.looks like an accident waiting to happen.(what a coincidence though)

Anyone near Alvecote watch out he will be there in ten minutes"!!

Edited by Timx
Whoops

He has just come past, leaving a huge wake.  He also bounced off the bridge as it seems that he cannot steer a straight line.

I was looking for the BCBM shareboat "Dawn Chorus", didn't realise until I saw him, it was the "Hit & Run" boat.  

Must take more notice of thread titles. 

He must moor somewhere locally: the boat does not appear to have any curtains, so it's unlikely that he's a liveaboard. I am surprised that he has not already established a reputation in his area - or perhaps he has but no one on CWDF has spotted him before! But if he has a nearby mooring he should be easy to track down in connection with any insurance claim.

Edited by Athy

1 minute ago, Athy said:

He must moor somewhere locally: the boat does not appear to have any curtains, so it's unlikely that he's a liveaboard. I am surprised that he has not already established a reputation in his area - or perhaps he has but no one on CWDF has spotted him before! But if he has a nearby mooring he should be easy to track down in connection with any insurance claim.

It's the first time he has come past us. He is certainly not one of our "regulars".

15 hours ago, PD1964 said:

Are you insinuating that the younger generation cannot control their tempers? I do hope not as all my kids having been brought up correctly and never need to punch anybody and believe you me my lad is well big enough but too intelligent I suppose.

17 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

No need to amend. The comment was taken exactly as intended, as, I hope, was mine. As referendums seem to be de rigeur these days, perhaps we should have one on  Latinised plurals?  I'm sure the public will be just as well informed on the subject as they were in the last one.

What did you not understand re the last referendum? I found it very straightforward and the effects easy to understand also.

16 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

If that's horrendous what's apocalyptic ?  I'd be more concerned about the strange activity of the blogger who seems to photograph every aspect of life...afloat.

mental note must make sure make no mistakes on canal you will be on film. By now I'd have a trilology about me,...

Completely agree. It was an accident anyway, the blokes actions were weird maybe he has some issues and should of course have stopped at the scene. The damage was of course very minor, annoying yes but still minor and accidental.