Finrad suppliers

OllyO

Featured Posts

Not part of your question - but if it's at all helpful or you may not be aware -

Finrads are great if they're properly sized. Their heat transfer relies on a metal plate in front of the tube in order to act as a heat sink. They work beautifully in my Lounge at home where there is a long pipe run, but in the smaller rooms, they're not very effective. I considered them when I built the boat but the figures didn't work out - especially as The Management requires a cool bedroom, so I ended up with separately controllable panel rads: instead. If you're feeding them from a Webasto / eber: / whatever, you need a heat reservoir to reduce the boiler cycling.

Apologies for unrequested information....  

1 hour ago, OldGoat said:

Not part of your question - but if it's at all helpful or you may not be aware -

Finrads are great if they're properly sized. Their heat transfer relies on a metal plate in front of the tube in order to act as a heat sink. They work beautifully in my Lounge at home where there is a long pipe run, but in the smaller rooms, they're not very effective. I considered them when I built the boat but the figures didn't work out - especially as The Management requires a cool bedroom, so I ended up with separately controllable panel rads: instead. If you're feeding them from a Webasto / eber: / whatever, you need a heat reservoir to reduce the boiler cycling.

Apologies for unrequested information....  

What he said.

23 minutes ago, OllyO said:

Yep, tried yacht boat parts but they have no stock nor can they get any. Same goes for all the other online chandlers I've tried.  

Oh that’s a shame, was going to get mine there. :(  if you find a supplier please update us!