22mm copper pipe to three quarter rubber coolant pipe

chevron

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, chevron said:

I have plain 22mm copper tube at the moment which I want to connect three quarter/19mm rubber coolant hose to the webasto what could I use to connect the eBay connection to the copper pipe wth a compression joint please?

A 22mm compression x 3/4 BSP parallel female:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brass-Compression-22mm-x-3-4-BSP-Female-Iron-x-Copper-Striaight-Coupler-Adaptor-/161853002737

This looks to be a cheaper hose tail:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-4-Bsp-X-3-4-19mm-Brass-hose-tail-Air-compressors-1-/120718283286

1 hour ago, chevron said:

Hi Been looking for a connector which I can use to reduce 22mm copper pipe to three quarter coolant rubber pipe it’s to connect a webasto to the hot water tank what have others used not having much luck on the internet

I used some 15mm copper pipe with a yorkshire fitting soldered on the end which is a reasonable fit into 3/4" hose, though I would not recommend it for anything more than a low pressure joint.

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Here is a pic of the two fittings mentioned earlier, installed in my boat. Nicer and more secure than the Speedfit:

IMG_3023.JPG

Heavier, more expensive and with one extra bit to leak from! But yes, possibly more robust.

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

According to whom?

It's not a claim I'm in the habit of making!

Didn't you start out as a plumber? Maybe I'm mis-remembering.

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Thus speaks a man who has never seen a cracked plastic Speedfit fitting spraying water everywhere.

No, but I have seen a cracked brass fitting spraying water everywhere. And of course a cracked copper pipe spraying water everywhere. Plastic fittings only crack if they are under stress due to poor installation.

2 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

And a man who has never seen the failing 'O' ring seals from the vibration marine applications cause.

Funny how this started out by MtB saying he'd never heard of speedfit 22mm to 3/4" hose tail connector and it's morphed into what a fool I am for suggesting it! Well for the record we have plenty of speedfit connections on our boat, including the calorifier circuit. So far after 7 years there's no hint of a leak, but then we don't have an engine built in the last century.

6 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Funny how this started out by MtB saying he'd never heard of speedfit 22mm to 3/4" hose tail connector and it's morphed into what a fool I am for suggesting it! Well for the record we have plenty of speedfit connections on our boat, including the calorifier circuit. So far after 7 years there's no hint of a leak, but then we don't have an engine built in the last century.

I had one go due to frost, it was the flush to the loo and flushed my foot and not the bowl

2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I had one go due to frost, it was the flush to the loo and flushed my foot and not the bowl

Well yes, but copper pipe goes due to frost too. Plastic plumbing tends to be a little more resistant to frost than copper/brass. In part because the pipes tend to get pushed out rather than something breaking - which is an easier fix, even if the leak is the same!