Canal & River Trust asks for feedback on the future of boat licensing

Ray T

Featured Posts

I have a house, but have retired on the waterways with a boat as well. I don't continuously cruise, I occasionally put boat in a marina for a week or two whilst I do something else, or I may stay on board in a marina. I pay boat marina fees ,I pay house fees, I have done 1500 hrs this year, everyone has a different story. I am getting skint with paying everything. But I do try to see other people's views, so I am a cc some times and a marina user. 

Ssoo lets be sensible and not selfish, as some other comments on here, anyone south of Oxford pays double, easy ,hope that helps.

• Greenie 1

Above comment is fair enough surely, but forgets to mention, all boats north of braunston pay half current license.privatise the bit inbetween. Anything north of middlewhich, free.In fact treble anything around London, as per houses to pay for northern waterways and get more usage. Wow I've sorted it and only needed a few pints in this pub, no survey needed.

6 minutes ago, Timx said:

Above comment is fair enough surely, but forgets to mention, all boats north of braunston pay half current license.privatise the bit inbetween. Anything north of middlewhich, free.In fact treble anything around London, as per houses to pay for northern waterways and get more usage. Wow I've sorted it and only needed a few pints in this pub, no survey needed.

I think that's perfect. Best solution so far. We should not succumb to the south. 

Edited by Goliath
Changed a question to a statement.

On 10/11/2017 at 22:44, Goliath said:

I think that's perfect. Best solution so far. We should not succumb to the south. 

Yet a few posts back you were opposing putting licenses up as it would cause hardship for those on limited incomes.

Or are people with limited incomes to be forced to cruise only the northern waterways? Not a bad idea actually!

20 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yet a few posts back you were opposing putting licenses up as it would cause hardship for those on limited incomes.

Or are people with limited incomes to be forced to cruise only the northern waterways? Not a bad idea actually!

Well , Ive just seen the light!

the north starts ar Leeds by the way, perhaps too far for you  ? 

Edited by Goliath
I'm still against putting licenses up