Clever Dogs in Rugby

matty40s

Featured Posts

I came past those signs, heading north, today. Previous passings have had me fuming so much at the no mooring signs that I failed to notice the no pooing signs for dogs. Today I did notice one of them so perhaps I´ve calmed down a bit.

That used to be moorings but so shallow you could hardly get on. I think the reason for no mooring is due to the integrity or otherwise of the bank. It runs above the retail park and if the canal breached there ( there are stop plank grooves in the bridges) they would have to have a flood sale ...

Besides I wouldn't moor overnight in brownsover. I used to work for the police in rugby in the 1990s..in modern political speech..brownsover had the highest 'client' base in those days , I used to boat through incognito at night wearing dark glasses and a false beard in case the locals recognised me.

51 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

That used to be moorings but so shallow you could hardly get on. I think the reason for no mooring is due to the integrity or otherwise of the bank. It runs above the retail park and if the canal breached there ( there are stop plank grooves in the bridges) they would have to have a flood sale ...

Besides I wouldn't moor overnight in brownsover. I used to work for the police in rugby in the 1990s..in modern political speech..brownsover had the highest 'client' base in those days , I used to boat through incognito at night wearing dark glasses and a false beard in case the locals recognised me.

Well that was only nearly 30 years ago, I don't expect things change much.

12 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

I´ve got no particular desire to moor there overnight, although it would be useful as an option of last resort late in the day, but I do sometimes want to stop for an hour or two to stock up at Tesco. Quite often that is impossible with all the visitor moorings occupied.